3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #1  

flumpydog

Tractor
New Holland TC24DA
Did a lot of snow blowing today and when I was parking the tractor I had the snow blower resting on the floor and went to raise it to move the tractor a bit and noticed that the right side of the blower raised up a good 2 inches before the left side even left the floor. Any thoughts on what or if there is a problem here? This tractor has always lifted the attachments pretty evenly.
Thanks,
Chuck

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #2  
Two possibilties come to mind:

1: The right-hand link from the rockshaft to the lift arm is adjustable. You need to extend it so the lift is even. Different implements may require different adjustments. Also, if the adjustment is not locked in place, it can change due to vibration while using an implement.

2: (very doubtful) The left-hand lift arm pin may have come out and the rockshaft is not attached to the lift arm.

EDIT: Looked at the parts diagram and I see the left side is also a turnbuckle. It could have come unlocked and vibrated so it is now longer. I think you just need to do adjustments and then lock everything into place.

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #3  
On the right crank arm there is a spring loaded wire that locks in place the crank arm. On few occasions I did not lower the locking device and lost adjustment. That may be the case in your situation. I additionally park the tractor on a flat surface such as concrete floor and check where the bottom of the lower arms are in respect to ground. Was the ground level where you noticed the two inch difference? are the tires inflated the same in the rear? I can not see that the lift arms attached to rock shaft is spun as the splines are pretty pronounced and beefy.

dsc03643ij9.jpg

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #4  
JC, I love your pics. Now I know why the adjustment on my lift arms is always changing. I dont have the wire to lock the crank in place. Thank You.
Bill

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #5  
JC, I love your pics. Now I know why the adjustment on my lift arms is always changing. I dont have the wire to lock the crank in place. Thank You.
Bill

Bill,

You're welcome. The threaded rod has a fine hread and it might be difficult to match a nut to it's dia and thread pitch. if you're able to find a nut for that you may be able to use it a s a jam nut or lock nut to keep it from turning.

JC,:)

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #6  
I have the 24D and assume they changed nothing on the 3PH system. Your left hand link down to the lift arm should have 3 holes to bolt through, the highest is used for the cushion lift system with the mid mount mower. Make sure that bolt is still there. If not, its an expensive one! I'm guessing like Jim that your right side has worked out of adjustment. Get it back on a level floor and work it down, will take some pressure relieving to get the barrel to turn easily by working the lift slightly.

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #7  
On the right crank arm there is a spring loaded wire that locks in place the crank arm. On few occasions I did not lower the locking device and lost adjustment. That may be the case in your situation.

JC the TC24D has a turnbuckle instead of the crank. It's like a miniature adjustable toplink.

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #8  
JC the TC24D has a turnbuckle instead of the crank. It's like a miniature adjustable toplink.

My bad Jim:eek: I went to NH website and checked it out. I think, I'd like turnbuckle on either side better than crank arm. I suppose it's a bit easier to adjust.

JC,

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA
Thanks for all the replies. I will take a good look at it tomorrow and will let everyone know the results based upon all the information provided to me :). It was dark and the lighting did not allow me to take a really good look. The garage floor is level and this is where I noticed this problem. We are due for yet another snow storm here, so I will definitely want to make sure no parts are missing or have come loose.
Thanks again,
Chuck

/ 3 point hitch lifts unevenly - TC24DA #10  
I don't have the lock clip, but I never have had the adjustment change by it's self. I do however adjust it every time I change attachments as they all have a differant need to level. The easiest way I have found to level the blade is to get on a level flat surface and raise the blade off the ground while in the driver seat. Then I lower it until one end barely tutches the ground and then lean over and change the screw assembly up or down until the other end contacts the ground and it is level. I then raise the blade the second time to make sure it comes back down level and make any final adjustments if required. After doing that it does not ever change on its own even without the lock clip which I do not have. You could also do this adjustment while standing on the ground behind the tractor with the tractor running and the brakes locked.