Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal?

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #11  
Nice, when I got to work today I slid into my work overalls and gloves, grabbed the driveshaft and it just came right out, easy peasy . Now to make my home made sleeve puller.
OH, The drive shaft o rings, I have not seen these anywhere, does anyone have any experience with this? Can I just re use the o rings? They look in good shape.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #12  
... Can I just re use the o rings? They look in good shape.
Would highly recommend new o-rings unless surplus time is something you have in boatload quantities. O-rings are inexpensive comparatively.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #14  
Ah, finally. I ended up rolling the front end assy forward and the drive shaft fell out, at least from the front end. The rear section came out around 1 1/2 inches exposing the o ring but once the front section dropped out I am not sure if the rear came out as I rolled the front end away and went home. It was easier than expected but when you are not sure and things are not moving I am afraid to pry on things. nothing like experience. Now to find new o rings for the driveshaft cover tube, any ideas? Today I make my own sleeve remover tool, oh I can't wait, let the fun begin.
BTW, does anyone know what other tie rod end for the drag link will work as a replacement since the replacement doesn't exist? Yes, I can measure mine but how do I measure all the possible doner tie rod ends that are available. Just hoping someone already did this daunting task.

How did the engine rebuild go?? I was wondering what you might be doing with that sleeve puller you made and if I could borrow it? I live just across the river from Kingston, and if you wouldn't mind, could I come over to borrow it? Maybe learn where you might of gotten tripped up in the rebuild so I don't make the same mistakes. Please let me know.

And the guys at Pine Plains Tractor have a fix for those obsolete tie rod ends. The replace the link with a beefier link and a pair of less expensive ends. A win-win!

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #15  
I’m right up the road from you in Kinderhook, I have a 1510 and 1210. I have used Pine plains a few times. They were the only place I could find wheel weights for my 1210.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #16  
BTW, I have my home made sleeve puller available top anyone that needs it. I will also trade it for parts for this tractor.
OK, I am getting very frustrated with getting the front half of this tractor back together. The drive shaft will not slide together, the front is in the the rear will not even turning the rear wheel. It seems like the splines are aligned up and partially together but as I draw the half's together the unit and shaft bind up and will not go together. Any suggestions? The manuals I have do not talk much about this, one paragraph on installing the drive shaft is all I can find.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #17  
Hi Baloo2u, Did you ever get your sleeves removed and replaced? Any chance we could talk? I have a bunch of questions so maybe we could exchange info. 845-647-3377
Greg

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #18  
I just realized that Ford/New Holland no longer has the front driveshaft seal or the housing gasket for my 1910, the parts book and their parts list and blow up pictures don't even show the o-rings, there are four o-rings, the books shows two and they are the smaller ones that I am not sure what the **** they can actually do because they are on the splines, maybe some kind of cushion or bumper. The o-rings that seal are inside the front housing and on the drive shaft cover itself but it is not seen in the book or order forms. Any idea what to do? Where do you guys find the parts like this you need?

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #19  
Greg, have you checked with pine plains new holland dealer?

Sorry I can’t help with the driveshaft issue, I’ve not split my tractor yet.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #20  
Merry Christmas eve,
I have their number, and two other dealers in and around the area. All were closed on Saturday, surprisingly. I viewed their order page complete with picture break down of all 1910 parts and the ones I need say, " Not available" how nice. Actually, the breakdown doesn't even show the larger o-rings I need. This project have been very challenging. It will be a beautiful looking and totally rebuilt tractor that no one will buy. Anyway, have a wonderful holiday.