1715 Cab and Snowblower

/ 1715 Cab and Snowblower #1  

Tractor
Ford/New Holland 1715
Sorry to sound stupid, but wondering if there is a certain recommended model of cab and snow blower that would fit the 1715 tractors. I'm not sure about the max size blower I could use on my tractor as it's 27HP diesel. Also any idea how much a heated cab might run for my 1715? I've just begun my search and didn't find much so far.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
   / 1715 Cab and Snowblower #2  
I'm not sure about the max size blower I could use on my tractor as it's 27HP diesel.

A small blower. Sorry, I don't know much more. The blower makers can help you size.
Bob

/ 1715 Cab and Snowblower #3  
Your 1715 should be able to handle a 5ft easily. As for the cab, ford is the only on I know to make a hard cab. Sims makes soft side cabs.
Bill

/ 1715 Cab and Snowblower #4  
I had a ford 1710 and ran a 5 foot snowblower. It was 26hp. I sold the snowblower after one season because it was slow death to operate. I think you will find it hard to get a cab but I have not checked. The 1710 was 1986 vintage and the manufacturers were no longer producing cabs for it 5 years ago.

Jim

/ 1715 Cab and Snowblower
Thanks for everyone's help. I'll research more on the blowers and see who makes a smaller size. As for the cab, I think it will be hard to find one and I thank you for the info.

Thanks again!

/ 1715 Cab and Snowblower #6  
Is you heart set on a blower? I mounted a 6ft snowplow on the FEL and cut my plow time in half from using a rear blade and FEL. I think a blower would be great to have but I dont know if it would be as fast as the plow unless you had a foot of snow.
Bill

Good point on the plow. I actually use my FEL and rear blade now, plus I have a plow truck....I was thinking about using only the tractor but wanted to find a heated cab first, then figure maybe a blower would be nice too.

Hey 1715,

Would something like this work??

Tractor Cab - Universal Tractor Cab

That would work, but I was looking for more of a "Custom Cab" that was designed for the tractor and that I could leave on, mostly hoping for a Ford made one especially for the model. I know....I'm being picky and thanks for the link. If I can't find a cab as I'm mentioning I may just go this route until I can.

Thanks again for the help!