Chains chains

/ chains #1  

meanstreak

Silver Member
Tractor
tc 45d
Since i removed the front tire chains its been rough trying to plow, so i bought a set of 2 link v bar tire chains for my tc45d [$ouch] The gentleman that i talked to at tirechain.com said keep them tight and i should be all right, we shall see. I will let everyone know if they workout. thanks again for everyones advice.
kind regards
Blake

/ chains #2  
Since i removed the front tire chains its been rough trying to plow, so i bought a set of 2 link v bar tire chains for my tc45d [$ouch] The gentleman that i talked to at tirechain.com said keep them tight and i should be all right, we shall see. I will let everyone know if they workout. thanks again for everyones advice.
kind regards
Blake

I assume that you put the V bar chains on the rear. I had run chains on the rear of my IH424 when using it on the hills and it did so well I didnt remove them for 6 years when I traded in the tractor for a 4WD. I run them tight and they were similar to the type that are on log skidders just not as HD.

/ chains
yes i will be putting them on the rear after making the mistake of having ladder chains on the front which did damage to the front differential. chains only on front of a 4 wheel drive tc45d is a huge no no.