Tractor
    tc 45d

Default chains

Since i removed the front tire chains its been rough trying to plow, so i bought a set of 2 link v bar tire chains for my tc45d [$ouch] The gentleman that i talked to at tirechain.com said keep them tight and i should be all right, we shall see. I will let everyone know if they workout. thanks again for everyones advice.
    kind regards
    Blake

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Default Re: chains

Quote Originally Posted by meanstreak View Post
    Since i removed the front tire chains its been rough trying to plow, so i bought a set of 2 link v bar tire chains for my tc45d [$ouch] The gentleman that i talked to at tirechain.com said keep them tight and i should be all right, we shall see. I will let everyone know if they workout. thanks again for everyones advice.
    kind regards
    Blake
    I assume that you put the V bar chains on the rear. I had run chains on the rear of my IH424 when using it on the hills and it did so well I didnt remove them for 6 years when I traded in the tractor for a 4WD. I run them tight and they were similar to the type that are on log skidders just not as HD.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    tc 45d

Default Re: chains

yes i will be putting them on the rear after making the mistake of having ladder chains on the front which did damage to the front differential. chains only on front of a 4 wheel drive tc45d is a huge no no.