Front wheels for 1900 4X4

/ Front wheels for 1900 4X4 #1  

linrick1

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1900, Steiner 430
Hey all, the front wheels on our 1900 are on their way out....cracking pretty badly. I've got them welded up for now but am definitely going to need to replace them. Where is my best bet to buy a pair of 5 hole (5.75" o.c.) 6.00 x 16 rims without going broke? Thanks, Rick
p.s. I looked around online without much luck....

/ Front wheels for 1900 4X4 #2  
My 1900 has a 1/4 plate welded to the outside of the rim where the lugbolts go. Then they redrilled the holes for the lugbolts. I dont know if this was to prevent cracking or to repair cracks. Either way it has held up. I think this is fairly common.
Bill

/ Front wheels for 1900 4X4 #3  
Agri-Supply has wheels, and a website. Or try ebay. New would be better, than purchasing an older fatigued pair. Argi-Supply has excellent prices on wheels, about the best I have seen. I've been to Agri-Supply. Sort of a farmers warehouse, whereas Tractor Supply is sort of like Walmart.

/ Front wheels for 1900 4X4
Thanks for the replies Bill and IH.....I think I like the idea of reinforcing the wheel with plate cut to fit because I can do this myself ...just dont know why I didnt think of it. Thanks again, Rick
P.S. Its times like these I really wish I had a MIG welder and a plasma cutter...but then I realise I am pretty **** fortunate just to have my old stick welder and blue wrench