Tractor
    NH TC29D FWD

Default Box Blade or regular scraper blade?

I need to invest in a blade to handle ocassional general leveling of dirt and snow removal. Any opinions on box blades versus the regular old scraper blade?

What size do you suggest for light work with a TC29D?

Thanks

Tractor
    JD 4300 sync-rev mfwd

Default Re: Box Blade or regular scraper blade?

RuT, I have both blades. The box scraper clogs up with snow but is excellent otherwise. The scraper blade would be a better choice for what you have in mind. I bought the the tilting, angle scraper blade. I have a 6' blade and 32 h.p. Hope this helps. Jim in Idaho.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.

Default Re: Box Blade or regular scraper blade?

A box blade will not work for snow, you need a grader (scraper) blade for that so you can angle it. I have a 6' grader blade on my TC29D and it handles it easy. My neighbor has a 6' box blade that I have borrowed, but I've found that I can do everything I need with my grader blade. Some things take a little longer, but not enough to make up for the time to go over and get the box blade, adjust it to my needs, adjust it back to how he had it, and then take it back again.