TC25d block heater

/ TC25d block heater #1  

rusty11

Tractor
99 tc25d jd 3020
Has anyone added a block heater to their tractor or know where to add it? Or is there a kit available. It has been around 0 here and it just won't start for me. seems to fire a little, but just won't go.

/ TC25d block heater #2  
86590117 is the New Holland part number for the block heater kit. Should be in stock and under $30 at any NH dealer in cold country. Kit comes with very good instructions, not a bad job. Or you can match one up at an auto parts store that might fit, pay nearly as much (if not more), and figure out how to do it on your own.
Every tractor that leaves our dealership has a block heater installed at predelivery, unless the buyer specifically opts out. That hardly ever happens.

/ TC25d block heater
Thank you very much.

/ TC25d block heater #4  
Rusty, I added one to my NH 1920 a few years ago. The hardest part was removing the freeze plug. The instructions from NH were very good. If I remember correctly, I used a punch and water pump pliers to get the plug out. Bill C

/ TC25d block heater #5  
Has anyone added a block heater to their tractor or know where to add it? Or is there a kit available. It has been around 0 here and it just won't start for me. seems to fire a little, but just won't go.

I installed one in my Ford 4610 and it took longer to drain the cooling system then it did to install the block heater in the core plug hole. Works like a charm.

/ TC25d block heater #6  
I added one to my TZ25DA and it really makes for a quick warm up and a quick exit from the barn. I don't have to leave it in the barn to idle and warm up, as the diesel exhaust is not too good on the horses lungs. I go out and plug it in for a 1/2 hr to 1 hr. ahead of time and when starting it i have a little temp. showing on the gauge right away. It also eliminates the cold engine exhaust when starting a cold diesel engine.
Bill

/ TC25d block heater #7  
Rusty, just take care when you slide the heater (86590117) into the casting. I found the wings on the securing bolt didn't push the sealing ring out evenly, and had a leak first try. It took a little fiddling around but was leak-free 2nd time through. I wouldn't be without one, esp. in single digit temps.
Jim