TL100A Clutch Problems

/ TL100A Clutch Problems #1  

szm.mat

Tractor
New Holland TL100A
Hi,
I was hopeing someone could help me, last year I bought a New Holland
TL100A with a powerclutch, (this is the button on the gear lever you press whilst changeing gears insted of using the clutch).

anyway from the moment it was new I knew something was wrong with the clutch, Most of the tme the clutch would not engage until about 20 seconds after taking your foot off the clutch, at which time the tractor would just stall, also using the shuttle lever to change direction had much the same effect, put it reverse while going forward and most of the time the tractor would coast then stall; unless you put your foot on the clutch to stop it doing that.
Then It would take about 30 seconds of carefuly letting the clutch out very slowly and pressing it back in if I knew it was going to stall, just to get it moving, so as you can imagine backing carefully to attach implements was very difficult!.
I'll note that some of the time it worked fine the way it should, more so when warmed up.
Anyway when the dealer came to do the service I told them about it and they calibrated the clutch. It worked fine after this for about 10 mins then went back to it's old ways, only now it's worse when the tractors cold (sometimes and turning off and on the tractor makes it better) and mostly better when warmed up. have told the dealer about this but they don't want to know about it

can anyone tell me what it wrong and if this is a calibration problem or something else?

tractor has 350 hrs on it now and it is a "electrohydraulic clutch"

Thanks

/ TL100A Clutch Problems #2  
Did they check for any stored fault codes, or just calibrate the transmission? Hopefully the tractor's computer is storing one or more clues as to what is actually causing the problem. There is a VERY recent service bulletin conceerning updated software and clutch operating solenoids for your tractor, have the dealer read up on that as a start.
Your dealer needs to get up to speed on this transmission if he isn't already. It isn't something that can be diagnosed here, or without a service manual and other technical info.

/ TL100A Clutch Problems #3  
Mine is a TL100A but only has the two speed buttons on the stick . If it were mine i would remove the left under dash cover and check the wires on the two switches on the clutch pedal . From there i would follow the wiring to the stick and make sure the wires are not pinched or chaffed . Then i would split the gear knob and check the printed circuit board that houses the button . Why is the dealer not fixing it ? Is it out of warranty ?

/ TL100A Clutch Problems
Do you know if this bulliten was concerning a problem with the manufacturing affecting many of these models?
I checked for stored codes and there are none, but I found something strange today, unplugging the clutch pedal sensor (not the button that clicks, but the one that turns as the pedal is pushes) makes the shuttle lever work everytime and not play up like it was, so im wondering if its a problem with that sensor.

thanks in advance

/ TL100A Clutch Problems #5  
That is a Potentiometer , it is what tells the computer how far the pedal is pushed in and allows slipage like a normal clutch . Do'nt try and drive it disconected as the tractor will lurch forward when you select a gear . You could put an ohm meter on it and run through the full scale of travel to make sure it' OK . What's happening with the warranty , has it expired ?

/ TL100A Clutch Problems #6  
Check the codes again to prove you have one for clutch pedal potentiometer open circuit. You should have one if you operated the tractor with the pot unplugged. If you don't, you aren't checking for the codes correctly, or you have had an ECM failure or other problems. If the clutch pedal pot is replaced, you will need to calibrate the pot and the clutchpacks. Do you have the diagnostic plug, or know how to make one? Do you have a complete list of the fault codes and/or repair manual? If no to either question, you are wasting your time and ours.