Ford Hydraulics on a 1700

/ Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #1  

FIRE1388

Need advice/info, I have a 1700 with loader. When 3 point control arms are 3/4 or more raised I get a hydraulic pressure noise that steadily increases the higher the control arms go. It also affects the operation of the loader if the control arms are up. At one point the loader locked itself in the highest position and would not come down until I lowered the control arms. This does not seem right that I cannot use the loader and 3 point to their 3/4-full extension at the same time. Anyone have experience with this?

/ Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #2  
Fire,

welcome to TBN blue. I don't have a loader on my 1700 but what you are describing is the symptom of maladjustment of lift arm feed back control. It is set where you relieve pressure back to reservoir thru main safety relief. There are several thread about it in this forum. let us know if you need more help.

JC,

/ Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #3  
JC's info is correct.You need to adjust your position control link.This is the L shaped rod that conects from the lift arm to the feedback link. Also the saddle the lift lever sets in in the up position is adjustable. If you do a search I think JC posted the procedure for adjustment.
Bill

/ Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #5  
Welome FIRE1388,
Wow, we've got more and more 1700 owners here now.

I've got to study that thread JC linked to, I know I was part of that discussion but I never did anything at the time to correct the noise I'm getting when my 3pt is near the top. Mines not that bad but it's a little annoying, I hope it's not hurting anything?

My 3pt bleeds down very fast when engine is off, in half an hour or less it will bleed all the way down if there is a heavy load on it. I know bleed down is normal but wonder if being that fast is indicative of other problems with 3pt system?

JB.

/ Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #6  
Welome FIRE1388,
Wow, we've got more and more 1700 owners here now.

I've got to study that thread JC linked to, I know I was part of that discussion but I never did anything at the time to correct the noise I'm getting when my 3pt is near the top. Mines not that bad but it's a little annoying, I hope it's not hurting anything?

My 3pt bleeds down very fast when engine is off, in half an hour or less it will bleed all the way down if there is a heavy load on it. I know bleed down is normal but wonder if being that fast is indicative of other problems with 3pt system?

JB.

John,

I'd say 9 out of 10 the bleed down is caused by lift cylinder seal/Oring partial failure. Maximum 1 hr of labor and $10 you'd get it fixed. Take a look at the link below and you should find all you need. I pre-warn you that you might get bored reading the whole thing.:D

JC,

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/90819-my-f-1700-testing-my.html

Additional info.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/88973-sos-i-have-my-first.html

/ Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #7  
Howdy fire, glad to see yet another 1700 owner. Dont have a FEL on mine either, but as jc has mentioned, the adjustment probably needs to be checked along with replacing the lift piston seal. And as always, if you have any pictures of your baby, please post them. Thanks! TB

/ Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #8  
John,

I'd say 9 out of 10 the bleed down is caused by lift cylinder seal/Oring partial failure. Maximum 1 hr of labor and $10 you'd get it fixed. Take a look at the link below and you should find all you need. I pre-warn you that you might get bored reading the whole thing.:D

JC,

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/90819-my-f-1700-testing-my.html

Additional info.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/88973-sos-i-have-my-first.html

Thanks again JC, that "Testing my patience" thread looks like it would be very helpful if I ever stop procrastinating and change that seal and make necessary adjustments.

1700 came in handy yesterday pulling tow behind boom lift, the thing weighs over 6000 lbs. It tows fine on the road but is very long so it would be difficult to move around the yard with a truck. the added benefit was when coupled to truck you must unhitch it to raise and level it with the outriggers, with the free floating 3pt no need to unhitch it, makes it much more portable :)

JB.

Attachments

• DSCN3593.JPG
    DSCN3593.JPG
    963.7 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN3597.JPG
    DSCN3597.JPG
    844.2 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN3603.JPG
    DSCN3603.JPG
    959 KB · Views: 137
   / Ford Hydraulics on a 1700 #9  
Wow John,

it's way up there in the middle picture. I'm glad you got good outriggers there. I bet you it's shaky up there. I'm glad your putting your 1700 to good use all the time. Great pics.

JC:)