TC 30 Tires/wheels

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels #1  

Daryl

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30,, Kubota Bx2360
Have searched for this and cannot find it. Has anyone with tc30 turned their wheels around to make it wider? I mow a lot on hills and would love a wider footprint. I have heard this is possible on some tractors.
Thanks

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels #2  
I have a TC45a and very hilly property. I had my dealer dish my wheels out. The inner rim that bolts to the rear end hub was dished out (reversed)and the outer rim with the tires were switched from right to left. You can leave them on their original side but the tires will really stick out. By switching my tires side to side and reversing the inner rim it still brought the tire out a significant amount . My dealer also loaded my tires when I bought the tractor which he said would also help in this situation.

I could realy tell the difference on the steep hillsides after I had them moved out. Tractor was more stable and did not rock back and forth as much.

Make sure you torque the bolts to the proper specs and check them once in a while.

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels #3  
Wheel track setting is a topic in most operator's manuals. Adjustments vary based on the specific tractor and type of wheels.
For single-piece rims such as with R-4's or R-3's you can measure the offset of your rim to see if they are dished out or in as they are currently installed. If they are already dished out, wheel spacers are the only option using the existing wheel equipment.

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels
I think these rims are 1 piece. Just don't know if it will do any thing to tractor if I turn them.By looking at them ,it looks like i could gain a few inches on each side if i turn them.

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels #5  
I think these rims are 1 piece. Just don't know if it will do any thing to tractor if I turn them.By looking at them ,it looks like i could gain a few inches on each side if i turn them.

Got a tape measure? Like I said, "you can measure the offset of your rim to see if they are dished out or in as they are currently installed".

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels #6  
Owners manual has all the details as to what are the options, for both the front and back.

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels #7  
My TC33D is very similar to the TC30. According to my service manual, the front wheels are absolutely not adjustable -- axle failure will occur.

The rear wheels are adjustable as follows:
Ag: 11.2-24: 42.8"-47.9": adjustable by switching -- dish in or dish out
Turf:
13.6-16: 44.1"-46.6": adjustable by switching -- dish in or dish out
41.18LLx16.1: 48.5": Not Adjustable
Industrial (R4): 15-19.5: 46.6": Not adjustable -- dish out only.

So, for best stability, use the non-adjustable Turf wheels, 41x18LLx16.1

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels
I have looked in my manual and cannot find anything about turning them. Had a guy tell me it could not be done on tc30 and another said you could do it on any tractor. Has anyone with tc30 done it?

/ TC 30 Tires/wheels #9  
TC30 rims for industrial rear tires are supposed to be mounted with the dish out. Some rims don't have the chamfer machined into both sides of the hole; these rims can only be installed in one position. In your situation, you need to get a tape measure and measure the wheel center offset to see if the rims are dished in or out. Then determine if the chamfer of the lug bolt holes allows the rim to be reversed if you so desire. None of this is particularly complicated, and the measurements and observations need to be done on your own tractor, not someone else's.