Oil & Fuel 1975 Ford 2000 diesel dipstick

/ 1975 Ford 2000 diesel dipstick #1  

fishfighter

I did start a thread some time back about trying to find a replacement oil dipstick. Anyway I couldn't find it so I am starting it again.

My problem is that I had lost my oil dipstick chopping one day and I am having trouble finding the right replacement. What I did was went out and bought a blank dipstick that was for a 350 cid gas engine,changed oil to 6 qts of oil,stab the dipstick,marked it, and then added another 1.7 qts of oil,then marked it. The dipstick is working out as far as giving me the correct oil level,but the problem is that is doesn't fit right to seal off anything at the top. I am afraid that I might be sucking in dirt/trash or water when I wash my tractor and I would like to find the right stick just for the peace of mine. Of course my shop manual doesn't give that part number.

Anyway,anybody know the part number for a true Ford dipstick for my 1975 Ford 2000 diesel? I don't have a dealer close by,only a JD or Case dealer which the JD dealer just finish clipping me $109+ for 2 bolts/nuts for a rotor mower blades. That got my blood boiling big time.

/ 1975 Ford 2000 diesel dipstick #2  
Go to the NewHolland/Ford website. There you can find the parts area, find your model, engine type ect and the part number for the dipstick. Your local dealer should be able to get this for you. C5NE6750D may be the part number if its a 3 cyl, C0NN6750B or C0NN6750C if its a 4cyl. These numbers came from that site, see if your dealed can verify those part numbers or have him look it up. Good luck! TB

/ 1975 Ford 2000 diesel dipstick #3  
If it's a 75.. it's 3cyl... 4 cyl X000 stopped in 64...

soundguy

/ 1975 Ford 2000 diesel dipstick
Thanks guys. Texas Blues,you pointed me in the right direction. Sound guy,it is a 3 cyl diesel.

/ 1975 Ford 2000 diesel dipstick #5