Rear remote hydraulics leaking

/ Rear remote hydraulics leaking #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
I recently had rear remote hydraulics installed on my TC29D. I haven't used it yet and they have the rubber dirt guards on them. Oil seeps out of them. I'm not sure if it's coming from the back or the fitting. Does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't leak a lot, just enough leave a few drops on the floor after parking the tractor overnight.

/ Rear remote hydraulics leaking #2  
I had 3 remotes installed when I bought my tractor. One of them had a slight leak, I never could see it but had the drops on the garage floor. When the dealer's mechanic came out for something else, I asked about it and he tightened the quick coupler up just a bit and it hasn't leaked since. Hope that is all yours is.

--Brad

/ Rear remote hydraulics leaking #3  
Mosey,

I just had the first set of rear remotes mounted on my TC29D a few months ago. No leaks at all. Very satisfied! The kit is complete and very easy to install. I agree that maybe a quick tightening of the fittings will fix the problem. Good Luck & my you be granted lots of seat time. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif