Ford 861 clutch

/ Ford 861 clutch
123rday,

Good job. I can see now that the adjustment bolts are factory set on that clutch. The tractor looks nice. Hard to figure how the starter appears to have a chunk missing at one of its mounting points - they must have dropped it or something. The boy is growing while the tractor is not changing. Now that the tractor is done I am sure that some time with that basketball and boy is in order. Geez my kids grew fast - too fast. I was always afraid of my kids around my Ford641 - but I do miss the tractor. Glad to see the clutch is installed and working well. Sorry I could not produce a better picture but have to tell you- looking at your pictures brought back memories. Next weekend I put my son's CR250 Husqvarna engine back in after a full bottom end and top end rebuild. Bigger project than most that I have done - part count wise. Another big project I did is under You Tube ...search for gate pillars.

Thanks, tractor wise. I try to play at least 15 mins every other night, for both his benefit and for my cardio health. I'll have to take a look at you tube this weekend.

/ Ford 861 clutch
show the starter pic where you see damage.

soundguy

Ok, I'm clueless as to what you mean. I know the current starter is damaged on the top corner, that is the reason for the bigger washer. It was like that when I bought it.
Serial # wise according to identifying old for tractors web site, the flat spot above and behind the starter. Unless I looking in the wrong spot.

/ Ford 861 clutch #43  
Ok, I'm clueless as to what you mean. I know the current starter is damaged on the top corner, that is the reason for the bigger washer. It was like that when I bought it.
Serial # wise according to identifying old for tractors web site, the flat spot above and behind the starter. Unless I looking in the wrong spot.

Ok.. i've asked, and won't re-ask for the info.

sn / model number on a hundred series / thousand series is on the bellhousing flat, aft of the starter.

soundguy

/ Ford 861 clutch #44  
Ok. Here is what I saw. It does not matter - really, but it is what it is.

Regards,

Cliff

Attachments

• starter.jpg
    starter.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 261
   / Ford 861 clutch #45  
2" to the right of that mounting bolt , and up on the bellhousing is where you will find that number. Also.. that corner looks fixable for someone who has welder or even a brazing set....

here's a pic of the sn location in ref to the starter..

soundguy

Attachments

• 800serialloc.jpg
    800serialloc.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 170
   / Ford 861 clutch
Sorry Soundguy, the clue meter was broken and not sending any juice to the light bulb. However, after going back to the ident old ford tracs, I realized(light bulb on) I hadn't fully understood the pic to where I was to be looking at. I was looking behind but not above. So here is some other pics. I removed the intake tube but didn't want to mess with the battery and bracket at this time. I didn't remember seeing anything other than rust even after using a brush when all was removed to separate tractor.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    730.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    790.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 149
   / Ford 861 clutch #47  
looks like a typical 01 diesel bellhousing after years of battery acid had it's way with it!

soundguy