ford 1710

/ ford 1710 #1  

bud ford

I intend to install r4 tires and wheels on my 1710 4wd tractor. In order to accomplish this, I need to know the actual height of the factory installed turf tires, both front and rear. Could someone please measure their's for me. Proper replacement size is important for correct lead and lag. HELP.

/ ford 1710 #2  
Front turfs for a 4wd 1710 were 27-8.50x15 tires.
Rear turfs for a 1710 were 13.6x16.
You can go to most tire manufacturer's websites and find dimensional data for any tire they offer. Firestone and Titan have sites that are fairly easy to navigate. It shouldn't take long to find R-4 sizes to match up. Finding the correct (rear) rims will be your biggest challenge. If you come up with dimensions that you can have confidence in, Unverferth will build custom rims. But your specs need to be correct; they build to them, and don't want to hear it if their work matches the spec but doesn't fit the machine. You have to go through one of their dealers, but there are many out there.

/ ford 1710
Thank's Rick, already been to titan's website .They list different demensions for the same tire. What I need is for someone with a low hours 1710, with factory tires, to take a tape measure and measure the tire heights. With this information I can do the math and come up with the appropiate size tires. Thank's

Last edited:
   / ford 1710 #4  
Thank's Rick, already been to titan's website .They list different demensions for the same tire. What I need is for someone with a low hours 1710, with factory tires, to take a tape measure and measure the tire heights. With this information I can do the math and come up with the appropiate size tires. Thank's

Just curious why wouldn't you just go with the factory sizes that were oem?

Andy

/ ford 1710
There were no R4 tires and wheels available on 1710 model tractors. Thank's

/ ford 1710 #6  
Bud, What is the differance between R3 and R4 turf tires? My accessory pamplet shows R3 tires for 1710: Front 4x4 = 27x8.50-15 2Ply tubeless, Rear = 13.6x16,R3 *All tires bias ply with 4 ply rating unless noted, front and rear turf tires must be used in combination only.

/ ford 1710
R4 is not turf, R4 is industrial tread. All I need is an accurate measurment (height) of the turf tires. With those measurments, I can do the math, ANd solve the problem, and complete this project. Thank's .

/ ford 1710 #8  
R4 is not turf, R4 is industrial tread. All I need is an accurate measurment (height) of the turf tires. With those measurments, I can do the math, ANd solve the problem, and complete this project. Thank's .

Budford,

I got turf on my 1700. I'm not sure if they are exact same size on 1710. They eyeball about the same. I can measure my rear tire when I'm there at my place.

JC,

/ ford 1710
jc-jetro. If your tractor is a four wheel drive. I sure would appreciate it. Thank's, bud ford.

/ ford 1710 #10  
jc-jetro. If your tractor is a four wheel drive. I sure would appreciate it. Thank's, bud ford.

Sorry bud, as my avatar indicates I've got rear wheel drive. Even in two wheel drive the rear and front tire circumference might be right.

JC,