Backhoe NH Backhoe attachment..

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #1  

CentralNC

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35A
What is the general consensus on the NH backhoe attachments? Does anyone here have a hoe that can give advice? I have a TC35A which might be a little small for a backhoe attachment.

I need to dig a ditch to install a culvert pipe. I could rent a backhoe for a day, but I am intrigued with the idea of buying a backhoe attachment for my tractor. We are going to build a house on some land that I have been clearing and getting into shape with my TC35. I can see where I might use a backhoe again several times in the future. Any comments on using a NH backoe attachment? Any idea (ballpark) what one might cost? thanks for the advice.

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #2  
NH Backhoes are very well made. They are subframe models, but this is no inexpensive option.

For a TC35, you are probably looking at a 920GH or a 930GH. Here is a good link to the Boomer site that has mucho information:

New Holland | Boomer | Tractor Implements | Utility Backhoe

With some reserach and some luck, you may be able to pickup a used subframe backhoe. I believe the old number was a 757C or 758C that would fit that tractor.

New, you may be looking at about $6500 - $7500 installed, depending on your dealer. If you purchase one used, about $800 - $1000 for the dealer to install.

If you are only planning on using it several times, its one of the more expensive implements.

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #3  
Right now, New Holland has some VERY attractive pricing on the 758/757 series backhoes. Since the introduction of the current model backhoes (930/ 920), NH is moving out the previous models. Probably would be a good time to check around with a few dealers to try to find one that has one in stock and wants to move it.

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #4  
I have a TC33D with the sub-frame mounted 757C back hoe. As mentioned its one of the more costly attachment purchases. I have found many uses for mine having about 9 acres of property. Everyone who has that little digging job becomes your friend. While the 757 isn't going to rip out a 2' diameter stump it is a very capable digging machine. I have thoroughly enjoyed using mine.

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #5  
I have a 758C on my TC45DA and it is great. I use it all the time to dig out cedar and oak trees on my property. I don't know how I would do it without the BH. It's saved a ton of work.

I can put mine on and off in just over 5 min. Very conveniant.

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #6  
Right now, New Holland has some VERY attractive pricing on the 758/757 series backhoes. Since the introduction of the current model backhoes (930/ 920), NH is moving out the previous models. Probably would be a good time to check around with a few dealers to try to find one that has one in stock and wants to move it.

Can you give any indication as to what "VERY" means? How aggressive are they at reducing prices on the prior model?

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #7  
I paid $6K for the new 758C complete and installed. For that price it's pretty hard to pass up. That included 0% financing because I bought it with the tractor. Price would be lower for cash, I'm sure.

I suspect that as time goes on, the dealers with stock on a 758C will become even more interested in discounting them.

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #8  
I used a 758 for about 15 years and got great service from it. I'm snot sure I would want to dig a cellar hole with it .

Andy

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #9  
my 757 and I did a lot of damage last summer:D and has already saved us around $25-30K just on this project alone. I say if you're building a new house... this attachment is a MUST:D

/ NH Backhoe attachment.. #10  
I paid $6K for the new 758C complete and installed. For that price it's pretty hard to pass up. That included 0% financing because I bought it with the tractor. Price would be lower for cash, I'm sure.

I suspect that as time goes on, the dealers with stock on a 758C will become even more interested in discounting them.

Thanks for that info. Nice deal