Mowing Repair advice for New Holland sickle bar mower 450

/ Repair advice for New Holland sickle bar mower 450 #1  

Charrison3333

I bought a used mower last year. It worked fine except the bolt that holds the lower bushing for the bar kept coming loose. I finally lost the bushing and replaced it with a new one over the winter. When i replaced it, i tighten it down pretty hard and put a lock nut on it. This week I lub all the points and sharpen the blades per the owner manual and attempted to cut my first hay. I mowed for about 30 minutes until the bushing broke loose. The metal piece holding the bushing broke on one side and the other side bent out with the bolt still in place. The bushing itself is reamed out and is unuable. I don't understand why this happened as both bushings were secure and tighten. Is there suppose to be play in the bushing? Any help would be apprecaited as I need to find the cause to keep me from doing it again. In the meantime..the hay is almost past ready! Thanks chuck

/ Repair advice for New Holland sickle bar mower 450 #2  
Can you get us a pic or two from different angles? Everyone here likes to troubleshoot [someone else's] broken implements...
Jim