Checking/adjusting valve clearance Ford 1920

/ Checking/adjusting valve clearance Ford 1920 #1  

Rayrla

Silver Member
Tractor
1994 Ford 1920, Kubota B26 TLB
I have been doing the routine maintenance and some repairs on my 1994 1920 since I bought it new. I have decided to check and adjust the valve clearance myself this time around. I have followed this forum for several years now and know there are some 1920 owners out there that are very knowledgeable on the 1920. Would appreciate advice on how to perform this maintenance item. Thanks.

/ Checking/adjusting valve clearance Ford 1920 #2  
I have been doing the routine maintenance and some repairs on my 1994 1920 since I bought it new. I have decided to check and adjust the valve clearance myself this time around. I have followed this forum for several years now and know there are some 1920 owners out there that are very knowledgeable on the 1920. Would appreciate advice on how to perform this maintenance item. Thanks.

No idea how old this post is but the 1920 small operator's book has a section on it which notes possi le need for new gasket too. I found it accidentally trying to diagnose why my 1920 is so noisy. The manual specifically notes valve clearance and gasket as possible reasons for this...

Good luck, I'm off to try and find the gasket!

/ Checking/adjusting valve clearance Ford 1920 #3  
Done this many times on more than one engine. Usually done cold. Can rotate most engines with fan blades. Best to put a wrench on the crankshaft end nut if you can easily get to it. Make sure you're going the right direction.

No idea what the clearance should be. Often 0.005.

Ralph