Ford 1700 injectors

/ Ford 1700 injectors #11  
Ananomoose, to see fig 33 picture go back to your first post and click on the link you provided to see the 3 screws to loosen. My link may not be working.

/ Ford 1700 injectors #12  
I am trying to figure out why a friends 1700 won't start.
The tractor was run out of fuel so i bled the injector pump after reading this post http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/nh-buying-pricing/84052-injector-pump-oil.html. I loosened the injector lines at the top of the injector pump and saw fuel bubbling around the nut but when I loosened the injector line nuts on the injectors (and tightening the ones on the other end) I could not get any fuel to flow to the injectors. I tried removing the lines and blowing compressed air through and they don't appear to be clogged.
The next confusing thing is that where the injectors thread into the head fuel appears to bubble around the threads when the the engine is cranked.

I also have the same problem,, I orderd new injectors and glow plugs.. I really dont know how to ajust the ijjector box..

/ Ford 1700 injectors #13  
I also have the same problem,, I orderd new injectors and glow plugs.. I really dont know how to ajust the ijjector box.. where the lines come out of and go to the injectors.. only one of my glow plugs was working,,,

/ Ford 1700 injectors #14  
This works for the 1700 and is all you should have done after running out of fuel. Everything else you did probably only caused more air in the lines. I have run out of fuel twice and used this and only this to restart the tractor with no problems at all:

From my 1700 Owners manual: Bleeding the fuel system. You need to do this for the following reasons:
1) A new filter element has been installed.
2) Tractor has run out of fuel.
3) The lines to or from thew filter have been disconnected.
4) The injection pump has been removed and reinstalled.

To bleed the system: Be sure there is adequate fuel in the tank. Open the fuel shut off valve. Open the (3) air vent screws Figure 33, and let air bubbles escape while cranking the engine. Then close the screws.
Last: Push the hand throttle to the high speed position. Turn the engine over a few seconds to bleed the high pressure fuel lines. My comments, not from manual: (Nothing needs to be loosened for this procedure) Tractor should start with this procedure at high speed throttle.
See picture of figure 33 at this link, scroll down to picture.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/n...-pump-oil.html.

This all you should have done to restart an out of fuel 1700 tractor.

Try this (do these post instructions) as there is no adjustment on the pump that I am aware of, you can only change the oil in it.