Mowing NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower

/ NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower #1  

Welshman

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH T1520
Does anyone out there own a 930B rear mount finish mower? I've had an issue with mine, which I've posted in the Parts/Repairs section, and I'm curious as to how many of you may have them, or dealer personnel familiar with them.
Thanks.

/ NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower #2  
I have a Ford 930B purchased in 1994. Zero problems. Last(and only) belts were purchased approx 6-7 years ago. Bought two at the time, dealer 2 hrs away. Still have one belt unused. Will probably replace the belt within the next month or two. No difficulty getting belts that fit from the dealer, that was 6-7 yrs ago. Hope you get your problems resolved soon!

/ NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower
Thanks. I take it you've reviewed my issue. Is yours a 72"
mower? Since the dealer replaced the complete spindle assembly, I haven't had a problem, although I've only got about seven hours on it. I think I've experimented enough to get the belt tension right, and I'm using a homemade tensioner link, and the dealer moved the anchor. If yours is a 72", do you know the belt # that it takes? This one is 86514532.

/ NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower #4  
Yes, mine is a 6 footer. I will check the belt number tomorrow.

Thanks - I appreciate it.

/ NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower #6  
You guys are scaring me..... I believe I have this unit on order as part of the T2220 package I picked up.......

E

Actually, I really like this mower. I had a problem with the a-arm assembly being assembled incorrectly, which the dealer corrected - but that was not a "factory" problem, and then the short belt issue. If you get one of these, immediately pull the left cover and measure the belt tension spring length. It's supposed to be 5 9/16". If it is, and the belt doesn't seem overly tight, you're probably good to go. I wish I had measured mine new, so I would have had a frame of reference. I don't know whether the original belt was too tight or not, although it only lasted about 90 hrs. Then, by the time your ready for a replacement belt, hopefully New Holland will have figured out and corrected the short belt problem. Anyway, it does a really nice job on the grass, and as long as you don't cut too fast, does a pretty good job of mulching even with the standard blades.

/ NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower #8  
Yes, that's the number on my spare belt and the one on the mower. I agree also that the 930B is a very good mower. I must be getting at least 350 hours on a belt, two belts in 15 years.

Thanks for checking that, Rayrla.
Sometime, when you don't have anything better to do, I'd be real curious what the o.d. of your spare belt measures. New Holland lists it at 122.9", the new ones that I've bought, and the ones that the dealer has ordered in, are over an inch shorter (about 121 3/4"). My guess is that your spare, since you bought it a while back, is on spec'. They're a little tricky to measure - I use a tape measure and pencil marks, in about 30" increments. I ordered a Gates belt, and it measures on spec'. Of course I can't say for sure, but I believe the belt that came on my mower was also short, and that's why it failed prematurely.
At any rate, thanks for your responses. At least I know I'm not the only one that owns one!

/ NH 930B 72" Rear Mount Finish Mower #10  
The new CNH belt(approx. 7 years old) measured 121.5 inches. The original belt which came off of the mower(I have trouble getting rid of stuff) measured 121 7/8 inches. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this turns out. Good luck!