TC 29 neutral safety switch

/ TC 29 neutral safety switch #1  

Ridgewalker

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC29
I got to spend some serious time on my TC-29 yesterday, the first time in too long!

The tractor ran great all day until the last time I went to start it, everything lit up normally but it wouldn't turn over. I got to looking and found a little white roller switch under the left fender near the shift levers. I wiggled it a few times, tried it and it fired right up.

When I got it put away I tried to fire it up again and it wouldn't so I am guessing the switch needs adjusting or do they go bad? How do you adjust one if that is the case?

TIA!

/ TC 29 neutral safety switch #2  
I got to spend some serious time on my TC-29 yesterday, the first time in too long!

The tractor ran great all day until the last time I went to start it, everything lit up normally but it wouldn't turn over. I got to looking and found a little white roller switch under the left fender near the shift levers. I wiggled it a few times, tried it and it fired right up.

When I got it put away I tried to fire it up again and it wouldn't so I am guessing the switch needs adjusting or do they go bad? How do you adjust one if that is the case?

TIA!

TIA,

Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with TC 29 and the pic below does not belong to TC 29. It belongs to my lowly Ford 1700.

Now, got that out of the way:D, If the switch your talking about is "Neutral Safety Switch", then it should prove clutch pedal pressing all the way before starting circuit is completed. The switch is mounted on an adjustable bracket and can be moved up or down, left or right depending on mechanism design. I'd use a test light and press the clutch to see where it makes the switch. If you push all the way and the light does not come on then you need to adjust so it can (get it a bit closer to rocker piece). The NSS is a normally open switch so activation of it closes the switch hence completing starting circuitry. Below I used a piece of wood to simulate clutch pedal activation.

JC,

dsc07141y.jpg