Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant?

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant? #1  

cutshells

I had to change out the PTO countershaft and PTO gear because the PTO would not stay engaged for more than 5 minutes and kept popping out. I tore her in half and all apart but thats another thread LOL. The sealant I cleaned off was a cement like ( Had a heck of a time separating the casts) light grey in color. It needs to be able to withstand HYD fluid. I was thinking of using hylomar but it does not set up. Anybody have something in mind or used before and worked great let me know.

Thanks, your opinion and input is appreciated.
Tony

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant? #2  
How about Hi temp RTV ?. Valve cover and head gets pretty hot and I used RTV blue and it worked pretty well. Have you called NH dealer and talked to the shop folks?

JC,

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant? #3  
Anaerobic gasket eliminators were developed just for that type of use. A product like Loctite 515 or 518 absolutely can't be surpassed when used properly. RTV silicone will work, but has problems if the parts aren't completely immobilized with dowel pins or similar devices. I very rarely use RTV.

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant? #4  
Anaerobic gasket eliminators such as Loctite 515 or 518 are perfect for this type of assembly. I use these products probably 50 times more often than RTV, which I use very rarely.

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant? #5  
The sealant I'd use is the same as you removed, 3 Bond is the brand. It is a Japenese sealant often spec'd for these applications, it is far more durable than any RTV type sealant (= no leaks later on) You can get this at most any compact tractor dealer, Deere has it in their system I know. 3 Bond is also available at most auto parts stores. It is the ONLY sealant I would trust, it is what the factory used.
Deere uses it alot on various hydrostatic cases etc. Works very well. It is a light gray color you describe. About $7-8 bucks a tube but worth in it peace of mind.

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant? #6  
loctite 518

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant?
Thanks for help, JC I did not ask the NH dealer they did not have my parts in stock so I ordered online at Partspring.com. I was leary about rtv thats why I asked on here. Thanks to Jimdiesel I will purchase 3 bond to complete the job.Thanks Rickb and Scooby 518 would be my second choice.

I appreciate your replys
anybody need help with a Ford 1520 I have Shop manual

Tony

/ Ford 1520 (milled cast to milled cast) sealant? #8  
Just tap out a gasket from file folder paper you will be just fine.

tom