ford 3500

/ ford 3500 #1  

gregsons

Silver Member
Tractor
ford 3500 / dultz allis/ IH 434
hello, not new to forum but first post. I need help I have a 1968 ford 3500 and my steering went. last week i was out back leveling so fill when the steeering wheel just started to spin " like a top" i took it apart today and dropped it off at the NH dealer to get get fixed. they called me back with a cost of $850. i thought that was way high. i need a lot of seals, the steering shaft, oil, and other things. i called a small shop and they said they need to buy the parts from the same dealer so they could not beat the price. now im looking for ideas. thanks

/ ford 3500 #2  
hello, not new to forum but first post. I need help I have a 1968 ford 3500 and my steering went. last week i was out back leveling so fill when the steeering wheel just started to spin " like a top" i took it apart today and dropped it off at the NH dealer to get get fixed. they called me back with a cost of $850. i thought that was way high. i need a lot of seals, the steering shaft, oil, and other things. i called a small shop and they said they need to buy the parts from the same dealer so they could not beat the price. now im looking for ideas. thanks

The nut and shaft assembly may be available from NH as a "gold value" part. This is a line of parts marketed as an alternative to aftermarket parts. The Gold Value part number for a nut and steering shaft assembly for a 3500 is 87295837. Availability is spotty for GV parts, and there may be issues of cataloging errors, but the MSRP is about 1/2 that of the D2NN3A710D nut and shaft assembly that is the correct OEM part number. A dealer for A&I (your NH dealer may also carry this aftermarket line) can also order A-D2NN3A710D which is also an aftermarket nut and shaft assembly. Sparex may have it as well, if there is a dealer for that line in your area.

/ ford 3500
Thanks, ill check it out. Now that i have cooled off a little im surprised that you could even understand my post. Could you suggest any online sites to locate parts, for this project or any in the future.