Engine quits

/ Engine quits #31  
crud is at least part of the problem.. though could have had other contribuiting factors.. like the bent pin.. etc.

soundguy

/ Engine quits #32  
When shaken there is no fuel inside.

After all the advise...hot/cold, gas/water. shaking the bowl is the best way. :D If the hole is that big you'll see it. Of the floats I've replaced, there are mainly 2 types, big hole, engine hadn't run in years. And the pin hole, engine slowly starts to run bad. The float will fill up with the pin hole and gas. But try getting the fuel OUT of the float. :D

The new floats I see are a foam type solid or a plastic. Rare to see a brass/solder float.

Glad you have it going.

/ Engine quits #33  
Not rare at all.. the replacement floats are still copper or brass and solder.. hit a tsc and walk the tractor isle and see the ms and zenith floats on the shelf ( tisco parts usually ).

soundguy

/ Engine quits #34  
No arguement there. I'm thinking my boat and generator had plastic or the foam stuff. The boat was an interesting one. At WOT it ran perfect buning through fuel before it flooded it out. It took a couple take aparts to notice the float. More I think on it the boat was plastic and went to a foam.

/ Engine quits #35  
I agree that new stuff likely uses plastic or foam floats.. I know the brig's I've taken apart do.

soundguy

/ Engine quits
Update for you guys.

Ran her a couple of times, been great. Today she was very 'poppy' farted quiet a bit at all revs choke on and off, then she back fired and all was well again. Darn nice tractor when she running well !!

/ Engine quits #37  
sounds lean..

soundguy