Oil & Fuel Bleeding Fuel System

/ Bleeding Fuel System #1  

Prodirt6000

Bronze Member
I've got a LS 170 Skid Steer

We changed the fuel filter today, inline, and the fuel water separator one. When it was put back in, we didnt put fuel in the fuel water filter before installing. Engine did run for a while, but then stalled out...

Went to bleed the lines and on this injection pump there is no bleed screw. We found that there is fuel getting to the injection pump. Cracked the lines in the injectors and we got it running.

Then it stalled out again after running for a while. Tryed doing the same thing, but now there is no fuel getting to the injectors. There is fuel getting to the injection pump, but not going thru it.
We turned it over and over and over and one time fuel did start to shoot out of the injector. But we had it cranked over so long, that we thought we would burn up the starter.

So my question is, why is there no fuel getting thru the injection pump now? Should I let the fuel pump run for 10 min or so with the key on...I would be thinking that maybe it will build enough pressure in the injection pump so that when we crank it over, the air will want to come out quick.

Any Ideas??

Thanks.

Oh and all the fuses are good.