tc35 starts only 2 to 3 hours after it stops

/ tc35 starts only 2 to 3 hours after it stops #1  

Parfleche

Silver Member
Tractor
NH tc35a
Hello,
I have a tc35, in the morning it starts right up. If I shut it down it will not start for 3 or 4 hours. But then it starts right up no problem? I can hear a slight click which seems to becoming from the right hand side of the tractor when I engae the ignition to the start position. Any thoughts?

I have read back posts. Could relays cause this? Or?

Kind Regards,
Steve

/ tc35 starts only 2 to 3 hours after it stops #2  
Hello,
I have a tc35, in the morning it starts right up. If I shut it down it will not start for 3 or 4 hours. But then it starts right up no problem? I can hear a slight click which seems to becoming from the right hand side of the tractor when I engae the ignition to the start position. Any thoughts?

I have read back posts. Could relays cause this? Or?

Kind Regards,
Steve

Does the motor not turn over at all (i.e. just clicks), or does the starter turn the motor over and it won't start?

/ tc35 starts only 2 to 3 hours after it stops #3  
It absolutely could be a relay or the ignition switch, but I think the 3-hour cooldown seems more like the starter solenoid since the starter is mounted to the engine and gets much hotter than the relay or switch which are under the dash.

/ tc35 starts only 2 to 3 hours after it stops #4  
It absolutely could be a relay or the ignition switch, but I think the 3-hour cooldown seems more like the starter solenoid since the starter is mounted to the engine and gets much hotter than the relay or switch which are under the dash.

I had a Rambler do that. The starter bushing was worn and the armature dragged on the stator. When it was hot it would not crank.

/ tc35 starts only 2 to 3 hours after it stops
Thanks for the leads. It does not turn over the engine. There is just a nearly inaudible click on the oil filter side of the engine.

Steve

/ tc35 starts only 2 to 3 hours after it stops #6  
You could be hearing the fuel cutoff solenoid that is located right in front of the oil filter. You might even be having fuse #2 trouble that may not be a fuse on your tractor, but a thermal circuit breaker that is not resetting properly. However, if it is a circuit breaker, you would see the PTO light come on momentarily. It still sounds like the starter solenoid not engaging the starter to me.