Default Ford 1700, tractor front tire question

My front tires are at the point they need replaced.

I am unable to read the tire size on the side of the tire. It is NOT the ag tires (5.50-16), but rather more of a turf type tire.

Anybody know what type of tire will work best for this? What size interchanges with this for front tires.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE_ I was able to read the sidewall better now- they are Goodyear 20 X 8.00 X 10 , 2 ply. They are cracked so bad I can hardly read the writing, but that is what it is. Any ideas for compatible tires for this?
    Last edited by James48843; 08-23-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Default Re: Ford 1700, tractor front tire question

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    My front tires are at the point they need replaced.

I am unable to read the tire size on the side of the tire. It is NOT the ag tires (5.50-16), but rather more of a turf type tire.

Anybody know what type of tire will work best for this? What size interchanges with this for front tires.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE_ I was able to read the sidewall better now- they are Goodyear 20 X 8.00 X 10 , 2 ply. They are cracked so bad I can hardly read the writing, but that is what it is. Any ideas for compatible tires for this?
    james,

My front turf tires are 20x8-10" dia as well. I think your tractor is 2 WD as mine is. I have not checked for a compatible size but I thought I found the actual size from Titan tires. I don't reckon it makes much difference in the dia if you don't have FWA. I just make sure both sides are the same.

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Yes, 2WD.

thanks for the lead on Titan Tire- I found this one, which appears to be the only comparable:

Titan® Tire catalog

There is a dealer about 15 miles from me, and I will call them tomorrow and see about ordering a set.

thanks

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Yes, 2WD.

thanks for the lead on Titan Tire- I found this one, which appears to be the only comparable:

Titan´Ż« Tire catalog

There is a dealer about 15 miles from me, and I will call them tomorrow and see about ordering a set.

thanks

Should fit it like a glove as it is the OEM spec. If you would not mind could you get back with the pricing info. On one tire I have an occasional slow leak. might need to change mine in near future.

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Quote Originally Posted by JC-jetro View Post
    Should fit it like a glove as it is the OEM spec. If you would not mind could you get back with the pricing info. On one tire I have an occasional slow leak. might need to change mine in near future.

JC,
    Local dealer talked to me- here is what I got:

20 X 8.00-10 tires.

I can get Titan brand, but it will take about two weeks to arrive. They can do a 4 ply 20X8.00-10 , price of $64 each, plus taxes. They also can do an 8 ply, for $66.50 plus tax.

The dealer also suggested, as an alternative, Carlise Turf Master, at $ 43 each, and Carlise Turf Saver, at $40 each. They can be ordered to arrive in two days. Those are both 4ply tires.

I am thinking that I may go with the Titan 8 ply, just because it appears to be a superior tire. Yes, it's $20 more than the Carlises, but it may be worth it in the long run.

My current Goodyears lasted 30 years- I would like a long-lasting replacement- although I kind of doubt I, or the Ford 1700, will be around long enough to have it matter....

Tractor

Great,

I second that, $20 in the long haul ain't nottin. I have Titan for my rear tires as the previous owner replaced them 8 years ago, and they sure look in perfect condition given my limited use.

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

Definitely go 8 ply; especially if you have a FEL. Jay
    NH TC29DA with 14LA and HD QA 60" bucket, weighted R-1's, FOPS, CCM M-160 (58") Tiller, Tebben MD 60" Rotary Cutter, Woods LR 108 (96") Landscape Rake, FEL cutting edge and tooth bar, Woods GB60 (60") Box Blade, Wallenstein BXM32

1995 John Deere 455 Diesel with 48" mower, MC 519 Cart with PowerVac

Tractor
    1971 Ford 2000 dsl;1985 Ford 1710 dsl.

Goodyear sold their Ag & turf tire business to Titan. If you wanted Goodyear, it would've been a premium price.