Tires Ford 1700, tractor front tire question

/ Ford 1700, tractor front tire question #1  

James48843

My front tires are at the point they need replaced.

I am unable to read the tire size on the side of the tire. It is NOT the ag tires (5.50-16), but rather more of a turf type tire.

Anybody know what type of tire will work best for this? What size interchanges with this for front tires.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE_ I was able to read the sidewall better now- they are Goodyear 20 X 8.00 X 10 , 2 ply. They are cracked so bad I can hardly read the writing, but that is what it is. Any ideas for compatible tires for this?

Last edited:
   / Ford 1700, tractor front tire question #2  
My front tires are at the point they need replaced.

I am unable to read the tire size on the side of the tire. It is NOT the ag tires (5.50-16), but rather more of a turf type tire.

Anybody know what type of tire will work best for this? What size interchanges with this for front tires.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE_ I was able to read the sidewall better now- they are Goodyear 20 X 8.00 X 10 , 2 ply. They are cracked so bad I can hardly read the writing, but that is what it is. Any ideas for compatible tires for this?

james,

My front turf tires are 20x8-10" dia as well. I think your tractor is 2 WD as mine is. I have not checked for a compatible size but I thought I found the actual size from Titan tires. I don't reckon it makes much difference in the dia if you don't have FWA. I just make sure both sides are the same.

JC,

/ Ford 1700, tractor front tire question
Yes, 2WD.

thanks for the lead on Titan Tire- I found this one, which appears to be the only comparable:

Titan® Tire catalog

There is a dealer about 15 miles from me, and I will call them tomorrow and see about ordering a set.

thanks

/ Ford 1700, tractor front tire question #4  
Yes, 2WD.

thanks for the lead on Titan Tire- I found this one, which appears to be the only comparable:

Titanョ Tire catalog

There is a dealer about 15 miles from me, and I will call them tomorrow and see about ordering a set.

thanks

Should fit it like a glove as it is the OEM spec. If you would not mind could you get back with the pricing info. On one tire I have an occasional slow leak. might need to change mine in near future.

JC,

/ Ford 1700, tractor front tire question
Should fit it like a glove as it is the OEM spec. If you would not mind could you get back with the pricing info. On one tire I have an occasional slow leak. might need to change mine in near future.

JC,

Local dealer talked to me- here is what I got:

20 X 8.00-10 tires.

I can get Titan brand, but it will take about two weeks to arrive. They can do a 4 ply 20X8.00-10 , price of $64 each, plus taxes. They also can do an 8 ply, for $66.50 plus tax.

The dealer also suggested, as an alternative, Carlise Turf Master, at $ 43 each, and Carlise Turf Saver, at $40 each. They can be ordered to arrive in two days. Those are both 4ply tires.

I am thinking that I may go with the Titan 8 ply, just because it appears to be a superior tire. Yes, it's $20 more than the Carlises, but it may be worth it in the long run.

My current Goodyears lasted 30 years- I would like a long-lasting replacement- although I kind of doubt I, or the Ford 1700, will be around long enough to have it matter....:)

/ Ford 1700, tractor front tire question #6  
Great,

I second that, $20 in the long haul ain't nottin. I have Titan for my rear tires as the previous owner replaced them 8 years ago, and they sure look in perfect condition given my limited use.

JC,

/ Ford 1700, tractor front tire question #7  
Definitely go 8 ply; especially if you have a FEL. Jay

/ Ford 1700, tractor front tire question #8  
Goodyear sold their Ag & turf tire business to Titan. If you wanted Goodyear, it would've been a premium price.