Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland 3040

Default Parking with loader bucket raised?

Just took delivery of our new Boomer 3040 last weekend! I'll get some pictures up later.

In order to get it squeezed into the garage, I had to raise the bucket to make room for the ATV and other toys. Is there any problem parking the tractor with the bucket raised and unsupported? I wedged a 2x6 under the bucket to keep it from squashing the ATV if it leaks down.

Thanks!

Rick

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: Parking with loader bucket raised?

Some buckets might curl upwards after peroid of time setting..2x6 might fall.

Does your fel have lock/unlock device,mostly located on top of spool.

Richmond VA & Martha's Vineyard, People's Republik of Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB

it WILL leak down. Usually overnight for mine. And its heavy - I wouldn't be comfortable supporting it with just a 2x myself.

Make some sort of frame to rest it on, or put it on the ground are basically your only two options.

There are a lot of people here who advocate taking all pressure off the hydraulics when a tractor is parked (especially in the sun) and they make a lot of sense to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Charles

Kubota B3030
    Kubota M59 w/hydro thumb
    Neat stuff - ATI Preseeder, Hydraulic PHD, Wallenstein BX62r Chipper, Millonzi Grapple, CA 4n1 Bucket. Delta Hook Rear QA system.
    Too many other random attachments to list (or to own, per my wife) and a really bad tool addiction. But at least I haven't bought a dump truck or bulldozer. Yet.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

I built a shelf to let it rest on.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

I often have to park my loader with the boom raised. I cut a length of 2" standard channel (structural steel) to use as a prop. Lay it along one boom cylinder rod and carefully lower the boom until the channel is supporting the loader. Stout angle will do the same job and is easier to find.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    I often have to park my loader with the boom raised. I cut a length of 2" standard channel (structural steel) to use as a prop. Lay it along one boom cylinder rod and carefully lower the boom until the channel is supporting the loader. Stout angle will do the same job and is easier to find.
    Right! The length of angle iron used to be the recommended method for safely holding the lift arms in a raised position.
    The Opti-Mist

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by rharkins View Post
    Just took delivery of our new Boomer 3040 last weekend! I'll get some pictures up later.

In order to get it squeezed into the garage, I had to raise the bucket to make room for the ATV and other toys. Is there any problem parking the tractor with the bucket raised and unsupported? I wedged a 2x6 under the bucket to keep it from squashing the ATV if it leaks down.

Thanks!

Rick
    Looking forward to the pics!

Tractor
    JD TLB 110

Sooner or later you bucket is going to leak down and squash whatever is under it.

You really need to build a shed for your other toys and leave the loader down.

The other thing you will discover is that once you start using it, the loader will have mud, dirt and general crap falling off it during storage. You really don't need this falling on your other stuff.
    40 Acres on a hill - fantastic view. JD 110 TLB, 4-n-1, 12" bucket, 18" bucket, Addington thumb, rock bucket (doubles as root grapple)

Not only do we not understand the universe, if someone explained it to us, we would not know what he was talking about.

Isaac Asimov

Richmond VA & Martha's Vineyard, People's Republik of Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB

didn't even think about the mud - that's absolutely right.
    ----------------------------------------
    Charles

Kubota B3030
    Kubota M59 w/hydro thumb
    Neat stuff - ATI Preseeder, Hydraulic PHD, Wallenstein BX62r Chipper, Millonzi Grapple, CA 4n1 Bucket. Delta Hook Rear QA system.
    Too many other random attachments to list (or to own, per my wife) and a really bad tool addiction. But at least I haven't bought a dump truck or bulldozer. Yet.

Elite Member

Time for a new project..........tractor shed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast