Parking with loader bucket raised?

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #1  

rharkins

Tractor
New Holland 3040
Just took delivery of our new Boomer 3040 last weekend! I'll get some pictures up later.

In order to get it squeezed into the garage, I had to raise the bucket to make room for the ATV and other toys. Is there any problem parking the tractor with the bucket raised and unsupported? I wedged a 2x6 under the bucket to keep it from squashing the ATV if it leaks down.

Thanks!

Rick

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #2  
Some buckets might curl upwards after peroid of time setting..2x6 might fall.

Does your fel have lock/unlock device,mostly located on top of spool.

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #3  
it WILL leak down. Usually overnight for mine. And its heavy - I wouldn't be comfortable supporting it with just a 2x myself.

Make some sort of frame to rest it on, or put it on the ground are basically your only two options.

There are a lot of people here who advocate taking all pressure off the hydraulics when a tractor is parked (especially in the sun) and they make a lot of sense to me...

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #4  
I built a shelf to let it rest on.

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #5  
I often have to park my loader with the boom raised. I cut a length of 2" standard channel (structural steel) to use as a prop. Lay it along one boom cylinder rod and carefully lower the boom until the channel is supporting the loader. Stout angle will do the same job and is easier to find.

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #6  
I often have to park my loader with the boom raised. I cut a length of 2" standard channel (structural steel) to use as a prop. Lay it along one boom cylinder rod and carefully lower the boom until the channel is supporting the loader. Stout angle will do the same job and is easier to find.

Right! The length of angle iron used to be the recommended method for safely holding the lift arms in a raised position.

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #7  
Just took delivery of our new Boomer 3040 last weekend! I'll get some pictures up later.

In order to get it squeezed into the garage, I had to raise the bucket to make room for the ATV and other toys. Is there any problem parking the tractor with the bucket raised and unsupported? I wedged a 2x6 under the bucket to keep it from squashing the ATV if it leaks down.

Thanks!

Rick

Looking forward to the pics! :)

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #8  
Sooner or later you bucket is going to leak down and squash whatever is under it.

You really need to build a shed for your other toys and leave the loader down.

The other thing you will discover is that once you start using it, the loader will have mud, dirt and general crap falling off it during storage. You really don't need this falling on your other stuff.

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #9  
didn't even think about the mud - that's absolutely right.

/ Parking with loader bucket raised? #10  
Time for a new project..........tractor shed