3910 Voltage Regulator

/ 3910 Voltage Regulator #1  

BondoBuilder

Bronze Member
Hey guys! I picked up a 1989 3910 that has some wiring issues.

1) The battery won't hold a charge. I am confused about the wiring coming from alternator- there are 5 wires, not three like a car. what are the others for.

2) My voltage regulator is all crimped together and there are extra wires hanging loose. Can someone tell me what wires match up and where.

Any pics would be great!

Do you think it is in my regulator, or the alternator?

Thanks in advance!

/ 3910 Voltage Regulator
So I stumbled upon a 4610 repair manual at work. Hopefully the wires are the same color.

/ 3910 Voltage Regulator #3  
I bought a 3910 1986 and the wireing is bad I need help locateing were all the wires go.

/ 3910 Voltage Regulator #4  
Who knows (you don't say) maybe you guys live near each other and can share the (wrong) manual. Sounds like a slow way to get ahead. Ebay often has manuals.
Jim

/ 3910 Voltage Regulator #5  
As far as the wiring diagram, the 3910 and the 4610 should be the same.

Mike

/ 3910 Voltage Regulator
Turns out the repair manual was for the 5610, 6610, and 7610. We have a 4610 SU where I work; I think the wiring is the same. I'm going to look into it this weekend.

As for getting a repair manual, my dealer wants 200 bucks! I asked just to look at there's, but they refused.

And jimmy- I was only using the resources I had availible. In case you missed the memo, most family farmers aren't loaded. Especailly when they're farming their way through college.

/ 3910 Voltage Regulator #7  
The 4610 SU should still be the same. The SU meant special utility. It used the 3610 front axle. In the xx10 series tractors, all of the 3 cylinder tractors were were pretty much the same. The major difference in them was inside the engines (horsepower).

Mike