Oil & Fuel ran it out of fuel

/ ran it out of fuel #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
DOH!

mowing on the front ditch hill and i knew it was low but i guess all the fuel sloshed over on the non-pickup side.

There is a bleed screw on the injector pump? I checked the manual and despite the fact that you would THINK it might mention something about "if you run it out of fuel" but no.

so were is this bleed screw i need to find. it wont fire off just cranks (yes i put more fuel in it)

/ ran it out of fuel #2  
Been there and done that to all three of my diesels. Some lessons I just don't seem to learn. LOL I've found that the fuel filter takes a very long time to fill up. If it's full, then pull the hose after it and turn on the pump until you see fuel coming out. Reconnect the hose and then loosen the injector lines at the injectors. Turn on the pump and wait unitl the air comes out of the lines and you get fuel coming out. Once you have fuel coming out, tighten them up and it will start for you.

If the fuel filter is empty, fill it up with clean diesel. If you are close to needing a fuel filter, this would be a great time to replace it.

Eddie

/ ran it out of fuel
well.... it went like this..

mowing along and engine rpm just started dropping. about 3 sec later dead.

i looked down and new what happened, didnt try restart it. went got fuel filled it up.

turned key it ran for about 3 sec then quit, started again, 2 sec this time, then 1 sec then just cranks.

i checked fuel filter its full, so ill crack the injector lines.

/ ran it out of fuel #4  
be carefull.. use tools.. don't want any injection injuries..

soundguy

/ ran it out of fuel #5  
On my 2220, I didn't have to touch the injectors. Just try loosening the bolt where the line enters the pump. I did that, retightened when fuel came out, put throttle wfo, then cranked. She fired right up. This was per the manual.

/ ran it out of fuel #6  
Ran mine out of fuel Sunday, way easier to get restarted than my 24v Cummins. Poured in a jug of fresh fuel, but the fuel filter wasn't filling. I pulled the vent line (smaller hose off the top of the fuel filter housing) for a few seconds to quickly fill the filter housing. Loosened #1 and #4 injector lines at the injection pump and cranked two or three times for a few seconds, until fuel surged out. Tightened the lines, and she started right up.

-jon-

/ ran it out of fuel #7  
Might be a stupid question, but do you have the hand pump just for repriming? My jinma has a hand pump just like what was on the military trucks when I was in the service. Nothing needed to be unhooked it just took a trillion{just kidding, but it did take a few} pumps to get it primed. It's a funny looking little disk{round } type handle on the injector pump.

/ ran it out of fuel #8  
In my tc40s manual the procedure for bleeding your fuel lines is in the section that talks about replacing the fuel filter.

In any case, the bleed screw on mine is a hex head bolt that is on the injector distribution block on the same side of side of the engine as the fuel filter. It isn't obvious that you are looking at the bleed screw and the manual pic is fuzzy.

I've never had a problem getting mine bled using the procedure and the bleed screw.

Let me know if you need me to transcribe the manual instructions, sorry, no camera.

Dave.

/ ran it out of fuel #9  
If it weren't hydrostatic, I'd just pull start it... the air will eventually work out of the lines. It about a 1/4 mile on my 3910.

/ ran it out of fuel #10  
anything and everything these guys touched on should work. i've ran alot of different pieces of equipment out of fuel over the years. its never a good thing. sometimes these diesels fuel guages just don't read the way they should or i just push it too far. the only other thing i can think of is using a little starting fluid just to get the motor cranking again to pull in fuel. it'll spit and sputter for a while but if there are no other problems then it should run. don't get crazy though because running too much starting fluid through the motor can cause damage.