Ford 6000 maintenance guide/user manual

/ Ford 6000 maintenance guide/user manual #1  

Aussiebushman

Gold Member
Jerrong, south of Oberon in NSW, Australia
Tractor
Ford 6000
Hi all,

I have the IT workshop manual for the Ford 6000 but is does not list any lubrication or similar specifications. An Internet search also has failed to find these.

The fill locations, lube types and quantities would certainly be listed in the user's manual so if anyone could please scan the relevant pages it would be much appreciated. Of course. if anyone has an actual manual for sale, I should be happy to buy it.

Thanks and regards

Alan

/ Ford 6000 maintenance guide/user manual #2  
IMHO.. I'd check ytmag.

lube spec for hyds and such.. is M2C134D.. IE.. just about any comercially made utf nowadays.

soundguy

soundguy

/ Ford 6000 maintenance guide/user manual
Yes, the local farm machinery dealers agree so I should be OK now for the actual lubricants.

The problem is identfying the correct fill points, especially the hydraulics. The 6000 is unusual because according to the drawings in the IT workshop manual it seems to combine the power steering system with the main hydraulic lines and the reservoir is most likely the one right at the front of the tractor (see picture), not somehere at the back where you would normally expect to find it.

Must have hit the wrong button before- picture is here now. According to the IT manual, the hydraulic filler seems to be where the dipstick is in front of the air cleaner oil bath, unless someone knows differently

What I really need is contact from someone who has/had a 6000 and provide specific details. Thanks anyway, Alan

Attachments

• Oil bath.jpg
    Oil bath.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 406
Just wanted to thank Dean Walker of Wisconsin in particular for supplying the information required, also others who contributed suggestions. The beast has now beem serviced - took /2 gallon of transmax in the hydraulic system - all now working well.

For interest, I also repainted the machine (wheels yet to be done) using the Septone brand of quick-drying enamel we have here. They cater to the tractor community with original colour matches like Ford Blue and Fergusson red etc

Put the beast back to work yesterday skimming the roads - all too easy

Cheers

Alan

Attachments

• New_paint (600 x 450).jpg
    New_paint (600 x 450).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 888