Oil & Fuel Ford 801 diesel

/ Ford 801 diesel #1  

nspec

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2630, '53 Farmall Super H, '47 Farmall AI, '44 Farmall A
Does anyone know how many 801 diesels were made? Saw a nice 841 diesel and just wondering if it's anything more desirable than the other models. I've always liked the 801's and thought someday I may find one to take home. Thanks in advance for the help!

/ Ford 801 diesel #2  
I have a 861 but its gas. Good old tractor. It has a 12 volt conversion which is nice. As for the diesels the source I checked did not list build numbers. I have never seen a diesel or LP 800 series but they were made. It may be rare. I have seen a few 900 series diesels around here so I would guess they are much more common.

The problem with the Fords is they built so many of them and built them well. Look at the 8N. Cute little tractor but not worth much because about every 5th farm has one still running and being worked. This makes the value so so.

Chris

/ Ford 801 diesel #3  
Diesels weren't available till 59.. which is in the 01 series run.

now.. there are probably alot of 00 series machines that have had diesel replacement engines swapped in them since the bellhousings all bolt up between the 134/144/172/192 ci engines.. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford 801 diesel #4  
nspec, I had an 841D with Sherman aux transmission =12 speeds forward/3 reverse. Thought it was a '58 but Soundguy's well versed in old Fords, so I may be wrong. Was a good tractor for me. The only problem I had with it was fuel related when low sulfur showed up. On the recommendation of an injector shop I switch to off road , then when that went low sulfur added Power Service. The only drawback was that the loader is front end heavy which got me stuck a couple times on my wet ground, but it's a great loader. Ford 502???
Traded about 4 years ago for a Kioti DK45S to get 4wd ( and wife said "why don't you get a new tractor?") I traded at www.jonparkstractor.com.( The website is brand new -still has blank spaces to fill.) Jon knows where about everything is & would know if it's availible or whether the current owner is likely to trade in the future. Wish I had that Ford loader on my Kioti. Feel free to tell Jon - Mike Connors sent you. MikeD74T

Last edited: