Default Newholland 1320 question

Hi guys I'm not really a tractor guy but I sure could use some help. I was told this is the place to get it.

I borrowed my brothers tractor, was using it to push over some brush. I was trying to lift out a bush with the bucket when the tractor stalled and now it won't start. It acts like I hit a kill switch. Checked tyhe PTO and other switches / knobs and everything seems in place. Any idea's before I call out a mechanic?

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Default Re: Newholland 1320 question

does the engine turn over?
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

No, Like I said it acts like a kill switch. The light in the dash comes on but no starter. It doesn't crank.

Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

Check fuel level,then wiring to the shutoff solenoid,maybe a branch pulled the wiring off....I have had branches pull the starter triger wire off my 1910,the next time i go to start it,its dead,then i see the little wire off the starter..plug it back in and im good til next time.
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

Third times a charm, I crawled underneath for the third time determined to check every square inch. Found it! Sensor wire was disconnected. Plugged it back together and it fired right up.

Thanks for the help. Now I can only retrurn the favor with what I know, retrievers, firefighting and some plumbing. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks

Jim

Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

Glad you got it,the 20 series are great tractors,not much goes wrong with them.
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2004 TC30

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sky Retrievers View Post
    Third times a charm, I crawled underneath for the third time determined to check every square inch. Found it! Sensor wire was disconnected. Plugged it back together and it fired right up.

Thanks for the help. Now I can only retrurn the favor with what I know, retrievers, firefighting and some plumbing. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks

Jim
    veri common on the 1320. it's just in the wrong spot. when i had mine i was so sick of crawling under it i tape the thing together. never happened again