New to Forum, & need advice on NH purchase, PLZ !!

/ New to Forum, & need advice on NH purchase, PLZ !! #1  

JD8410

Tractor
JD 8410 mfwd, JD 8760 (4wd), JD 4960 mfwd, JD 4440, JD 4020, JD 4430
Hey all. I am new to this Forum (BTW: it's great!), but I am not new to tractors. I farm & ranch for a living. I farm about 3000 acres. My "daily drivers" are JD 8410 mfwd, and a JD 8760 (4wd).
My question(s) pertain to smaller-type tractors, in particular the New Holland TL series and the TS series. I have been looking around, and think that a tractor something like a TL100a (or somewhere in that range) would be great for what I need to do with it. This tractor's jobs would include:
  • loading large (1500 lb) round bales of hay
  • general front end loader work
  • pulling a 15 ft. bat wing mower
  • pulling a NH 688 Round Baler (1100 pto)
  • pulling a NH swather (540 pto)
  • pulling a Vermeer Hydraulic Twin Rake (hay rake)

I must have a mfwd. Also, please let me state that I have used the 'search' feature, but really did not come up with solid info. pertaining to my situation.

So, please tell me which series would be best for my application? Would the 100 be enough tractor for me? I have no doubt that it would be enough for the baler & swather, but what about the loader? I really like asking here, at a place like this, because I can get real-world, honest info., instead of a schpille at the dealer. It's also worth mentioning that the nearest NH dealer is about 60 miles away, and the JD dealer is about 30 miles away. Honestly, I am looking at NH because (1) I have heard they are dependable tractors (and we have had good luck with our NH implements), and (2) there is considerable savings ($) going w/ NH instead of Deere.

I would be purchasing a used tractor, and really want to know which series would suit me best (assuming mfwd) and also which model number (i.e.: 100, 110, 125, ..140, etc). I would much rather have 'too much tractor' than 'not quite enough'. I will most likely make this purchase within the next 60 days.
Thanks in advance for your time & consideration.

EDIT** : I forgot to mention that I really want the left hand shuttle, on whichever model I end up buying. Please consider that when making a recommendation. Please educate me, because I don't know a lot about these. Finally, I am quite familiar with the large(r) John Deere tractors & combines. If there is anything I can help you with pertaining to these, don't hesitate to ask.
I found this link about TS model NH tractors, and thought it was good:
New Holland enhances TS-A tractor range

Last edited:
   / New to Forum, & need advice on NH purchase, PLZ !! #2  
You will have more luck in the NH Buying & Pricing category
Jim

/ New to Forum, & need advice on NH purchase, PLZ !! #3  
A TL100A properly equipped would likely meet your needs. However, you will be better served with a TS or TS/A series in the long run, especially if your 100HP requirement is PTO HP. There have been instances of loader related front axle final drive failures in TL/A tractors. Be aware there are multiple transmission and hydraulic system options in both series, some of which will meet your criteria, some of which won't. A higher spec TS or TS/A is a nice unit.