1530 = What 20series

/ 1530 = What 20series #1  

ElDorado

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
I just stumbled back to the NH site and noticed the 1530. As this is an "economy" model is it a Ford/NH 20 series with a new label? If so what model? And what were the tire sizes for the comparable 20 series, the tire seem small for a 45hp tractor.

Thanks, Matt

/ 1530 = What 20series #2  
The 1530 is closest to a NH TC-25. It was first sold in the late 90s, not long after NH bought Ford tractor but still had the right to list their name on the NH tractors. The 1530 was one of the first boomer tractors and still has the basic body style as the 30 plus horsepower boomers sold today. Back in the late 90s, the 1530 was sold as one of the deluxe models of the boomer series with a lot of extra features standard. Of the 10 or so tractors I have owned, it is still my favorite one and I still have it today. It has been very reliable with only one minor repair in the last 11 years. It has been used mainly as a mowing rig (came with the super steer option) and also used for rototilling, box-scraping, and winching. About my only gripe has been borderline horse-power when using the tractor in heavy applications. It has been a great mowing rig and has plenty of power for that application (which is what I use it for mainly with a 60 inch NH MMM 914 mower deck). Also, it came with a deluxe suspension seat, a feature lacking in many of the late model boomer tractors.