Ford 3000 Fluid types

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types #1  

Allemay

Tractor
Ford 3000
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a Ford 3000 manual and can tell me the type of transmission and rear end fluids (and capacities) I need for my 1965 Ford 3000? I'm hoping to just buy some at Walmart or Fleetfarm. I'm waiting for my user manual to arrive.

Thanks,
Brad

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types #2  
The stuff at Walmart will be fine. I get mine in 5gal bucket at local farm supply when they have it on sale.

Wedge

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types
Thanks Wedge,

What I'm wondering though is what to get. Hydraulic fluid, UTF, Gear lube? Any particular specifications?

Thanks,
Brad

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types #4  
   / Ford 3000 Fluid types #5  
The original spec was not m2c134d.. that is the NEW spec. the new spec supercedes the older ford sped M46.something or another number.

the walmart utf will be fine.. TSC makes some too.. find out which one is on sale.. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types #6  
I too need to find out capacities and oil types for both the transmission and hydraulic fluid. I'm assuming the UTF (Universal transmission fluid?) and standard hydraulic fluid - What I don't know is what the capaicities are.

I have milky fluid in both and imagine I will need to change it twice to get all of the water out. I'm guessing the contamination is condensation.. I also need to do the same to the loader system as well.

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types #7  
the capacities in the rear axle is 25.2 qts and the capacities in the transmission is 6.6 qts with the four speed transmission and 13.2 qts with the 6 and 8 speed transmission
the original oil in them was m-4864-a
but utf or gl-90 will work

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types #8  
know u dont have to change it twice just let it set and the water will seperate and go to the bottom so it will come at first
but most of these tractors have the seal between the rear axle and trans. remove or it has gone out so u can fill it from one compartment

/ Ford 3000 Fluid types #10  
the capacities in the rear axle is 25.2 qts and the capacities in the transmission is 6.6 qts with the four speed transmission and 13.2 qts with the 6 and 8 speed transmission
the original oil in them was m-4864-a
but utf or gl-90 will work

90 weight oil might work in bayou country, but it's a poor recommendation for the hydraulics/rear axle of a 3000 when you don't know where the tractor lives.