Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710 #1  

oldfords4ever

Tractor
Ford Ford 7710, Ford 2110, JD 6400, NH8970. All 4x4's
I have a ford 1710 that I want to mount a front mount snow blower to, which model number of blower should I be looking for and does anyone know of one for sale? The wider the better.

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710 #2  
Do you have a front or mid PTOto run it . if you dont it might be pricy to add.
Bill

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710
I was hoping to use a sub frame system and use the pto in the rear to run it. Do they make something like that? Would a Ford 715B snow blower fit the tractor?

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710 #5  
I was hoping to use a sub frame system and use the pto in the rear to run it. Do they make something like that? Would a Ford 715B snow blower fit the tractor?

Some tractors, like my 1620, have a mid mount PTO that runs at about 2000 rpm. And there is a front mounted blower and sub frame made for them. But they are rare and expensive.

I would think that trying to turn a shaft off the rear of the tractor and run it to the front would be difficult.

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710 #6  
Hi! I have a NH TN65D and looked into doing exactly that for my TN65 and my old NH1920. The results were the same. EXPENSIVE $$$$! As others indicated, unless you have a mid pto or front PTO, it doesn't matter if you get an auxillary hyd. pump and run the blower from your hyd. fluid or do the back to front PTO setup, it cost thousands! They now have forward facing blowers that mount on your rear 3pt hitch and run from your rear PTO. Its better on your neck than driving backwards (I can tell you this from first hand experience- I hated blowing snow going backwards- my neck couldn't take it) but with the forward facing snowblowers, you first have to drive thru or over the snow, which also is not so great. It might be as cheap to buy an older tractor which has a front pto and put the snowblower on that tractor! Ken

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710 #7  
I have a ford 1710 that I want to mount a front mount snow blower to, which model number of blower should I be looking for and does anyone know of one for sale? The wider the better.

I've seen the units that have the long driveshaft from the rear pto to the loader mounted snowblower and before I got something like that clap trap ( no offense meant to you folks who have them) I'd get a skid steer blower and buys a separate pto pump and reservior and run hose to the hydraulic motor on the blower. But it's bigbucks.

I think the blower alone is $5-6K new. You might find a used one but I don't see many for sale. You'll need a 3 pt platform to mount the reservior on, a relief valve, and the proper hoses. I think you can control the off and on with the pto lever and the blower rpm with the throttle. I think the pumps have to have ~25 gpm capability.

I don't think it's a hard thing to do but it is spendy. I'd like to find a good used 7 footer that's three point mounted but they are all back east. We don't find that much good used snow equipmet around here.

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710 #8  
Buy yourself a snowblower unit setup for an ATV. They are self powered.Make a lift hook up to attach to tractor and away you go. You can buy the unit for about $3000 up here. This was my plan until I came across a front unit for my TC24D(with a few modifications of course)

Terry

/ Ford front mount snowblower for a 1710 #9  
I have been researching an old Loftness front mount blower, supposedly OEM'd for JD model tractors.
They don't show any front mount units on their site and haven't replied to my inquiries about past production.
It might be a "one off" a home build, an "adaptation", etc.
In my searches I came across Lorenz as a company that makes the under tractor rear-to-front kit to convert their rear blowers to front mount.
The ones on their site do not look quite like the one I am looking at - which is now snow buried - so my search continues.

IIRC there is a table on their site listing popular compact tractor models and their blowers and under tractor kits - might be worth checking out.
I have little/no idea of co$t - well, I do - approx G'daweful

There could be good rationale for a Skid Steer unit with rear pump and tank (25 GPM & 25 gal capacity) though that route
could get you into all sorts of other (poverty causing ?) Skid Steer attachments.

Not sure if the 1710 would handle all this.
Figure PTO HP - to - GPM at xyz psi before going too far in this direction.
Yes, it is about POWER, a rate of doing work.
Not about force OR speed, but the product of force AND speed (-: