Tires Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #1  
Tractor
Serching
I have used my TC35D for a few years for my Tree Service lifting wood, cleaning up and have found that whatever I do I will be leaving marks on their yard / lawn. So I am constantly bringing plywood to every job with great results, but I wonder about the Turf Tires? or the Galaxy Super Turf Tires? I am not using the machine for anything else realy but going onto peoples lawns in back yards to remove trees and debris, Does anyone have the experience with both tires, the shoulds, and shouldnts? will I lose that much traction and be sliding leaving marks anyway? Can I add Back hoe later with the Turf Tires?

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #2  
My tractor came with turfs. They were extremely gentle on the lawn, I will give them that. I later changed to R4s. The extra strength is noticeable. They just seem to be much stiffer and that is important, I suppose, for heavy loader and/or backhoe work.

Thus, while gentler on lawns, the real issue, in my experience, is weight. It's a killer on lawns. Secondly, power steering makes "spinning" the steering wheel so easy to do, but that tire is grinding a nice bald spot in the grass.

Traction will be so similar as to be unnoticeable, in my opinion. In the end, I don't think anything perfectly protects fancy lawns from a tractor trying to do its work. Tree/wood removing work it real work. It is what it is. Wet or damp? Forget it. So, I am basically saying there's no magic bullet here.
Only you will be able to weigh the cost/benefit ratio.

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #3  
As BP said any tire is going to leave marks if you have weight in the bucket. The plywood is spreading out the weight like having a wider tire.
Bill

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #4  
I have used my TC35D for a few years for my Tree Service lifting wood, cleaning up and have found that whatever I do I will be leaving marks on their yard / lawn. So I am constantly bringing plywood to every job with great results, but I wonder about the Turf Tires? or the Galaxy Super Turf Tires? I am not using the machine for anything else realy but going onto peoples lawns in back yards to remove trees and debris, Does anyone have the experience with both tires, the shoulds, and shouldnts? will I lose that much traction and be sliding leaving marks anyway? Can I add Back hoe later with the Turf Tires?

I used to have a 1710 with Ag tires on it and hated the way that it ripped up my lawn. No matter how dry it was or how gentle I tried to drive it, it peeled up the grass. I now have a 1620 (traded the stick shift for a hydro trans) that has turf tires on it.

They are very gentle on the lawn, even when it's a bit moist. If the area is really wet or muddy, they will leave indentations from the weight of the tractor, but not rip up the grass. The only downside is loss of traction in the snow.

I have added a back hoe on my tractor and all that was needed was to increase the tire pressure to the upper limit.

Last edited:
   / Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires
Guys, thanks for all your reply's. I was trying to find out first what size ( width ) mainly my tires are now, and they are 10.5 inches wide in the front ( R4's) and they are 17 inches wide in the rear. So if the Turf tires are wider by at least 2 inches mainly in the front then I think I might feel they will be better, I have learned that if I get different tires in the front , I will need the matching set in the rear as well.
So I found out for the front the tire size is 27x12x15 but that doesnt tell me how wide they are assuming they are 12 inches wide? and the matching rears give me 2 options one is 2wheel / 4 wheel 44x18x 20 possible 18 iches wide? and the other choice is 22.5x16 I dont know which is the better tire? Anyone help. Can I put the super Galaxy tires in the front and just the regular turf in the rear? probably not, cause Iknow I need the front tires to be less abusive to the lawns , not so much the rear tires.

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #6  
Use the search feature.

There probably are already more threads than you can read on this subject.

As well as other popular repeating subjects.

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #7  
The Galaxy turf tires are not compatable with a front end loader (this is from the NH ordering guide). I am not sure if this is due to the strength of the tire or if it is a fitment issue. Also the list price is $3148 for the front and rears. Bill C

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires
Ok, so I am running into dead ends, Call it what you will, I am determined and will keep on thinking McGyver stuff. Ok so if there is not a recommended wider tire for fronts with a loader attached then I have to think outside the box.
Does anyone see any reason that I can not just buy another 2 front tires and rig them up to one another with McGyver bolts and some fabrication? So the fronts will be 2x as wide and that will solve my problems. I will still fit on the trailer, Iwill be just a little bit wider than the rear tires, so if it is a width issue, and I cant fit in somewhere, I can take off the extra tires for that job,but over all, does anyone see a reason why this would not work? they will not change the gear ratio , cause the are the same size, right?

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #9  
It won't solve your problem because the two tires in the pair will be trying to cover different distances when you steer, so one will have to skid = scuff the lawn. Not to mention fabrication problems keeping them aligned, as the tires protrude beyond rim width. Not to mention strain on the axle and steering components from increased leverage. Keep thinking, McG.
Jim

/ Industrial Tires VS Turf Tires #10  
There are 3 different rim sizes (15, 16 and 16,5 diameter) for your tractor. What you can try to do is find tires that are aprox. 31" in dea and as wide as will physically fit on the front of your tractor. The biggest concern would be to have a strong enough sidewall for the front end loader. There are many different tread paterns available. Bill C