TC35 block heater plug

/ TC35 block heater plug #1  

jedjoe

Silver Member
Tractor
new holland TC 35A 2004
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 TC35, still going strong and problem free with 1600 hours. The other day, I started and pulled away without unplugging my block heater!! Fortunately, there was no damage done, as the plug to the heater is attached to the heater itself with a detachable connection. The big question is: where the heck does this thing plug back into? I looked under the left side of the engine, where the plug itself dangles when not in use, and I can't find the connection to the block heater! Can anyone give me a landmark? Is it not visible, and is it a "blind connection" I have to feel about for? Thanks!

/ TC35 block heater plug #2  
The block heater should be located above the starter, that is where the instructions for my T2220 (35HP) said to put it.

Look at the freeze plugs in the block, that is what you are looking for.

/ TC35 block heater plug
Thanks T&B. I'll check it and repost!

/ TC35 block heater plug
Thanks again, T&B. It was just where you said it would be, above and forward of the starter motor, directly on the engine block. All is well!

As an aside, I'm glad NH had the sense to make that plug unpluggable from the block side. I suspect I'm not the only one to have driven off with the block heater still plugged in....makes for a much simpler fix!

Last edited:
   / TC35 block heater plug #5  
Glad you found it,

I would keep an eye on her for leakage, I don't think you put any lateral force on it but who knows.