ford 1500 4x4

/ ford 1500 4x4 #1  

john lane

I'm currently looking at buying a ford 1500 with loader and scraper. The folks are not sure of the price yet. But let me use the tractor for a few days. this thing only has about 175 hrs on it. So what do folks think it might be worth? And the only problem I have with it so far is how to get the front axle in gear? I have push every lever put it in all gears and everything else. I have asked the owner but she has no clue, it was her hubby and he not in the pic. any more. So does anyone know how to put this thing in 4x4?

/ ford 1500 4x4 #2  
The 4X4 lever is just to the right of the shifter. Does the hour meter work. This tractor is 30 yrs old. If the front axle doesn't work it could easily cost several thousand to repair if the parts are available.
Bill

/ ford 1500 4x4
yes the hour meter works I have put about two hrs on it in the last two weeks! This tractor has two shift levers 1 with four speeds and one three and reverse are you talking about the lever to the right of the PTO shifter?

/ ford 1500 4x4 #4  
Thats the one, while you are stopped, with the engine running and the clutch pushed in, pull up on the lever , it comes up about to a 45 deg angle when engaged. Sometimes you have to use a little jerk to get in in gear. Push down to dis-engage. What is she asking? Sounds like a good tractor if the 4x4 works. If it's priced right there will be a lot of takers on this forum. What state is it in.

/ ford 1500 4x4 #5  
Don't cover that tractor with money. It is old, and parts availability will be an issue if you need anything out of the ordinary.