TN75S Power shuttle error code

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code #1  

GP Jake

Tractor
New Holland TN75S
I have a 2001 New Holland TN75S and the power shuttle error code is flashing 4 or 5 times really fast and then a pause flashes 3 times and a pause and 6 flashes. I called my local dealer and they are saying it might be a lose wire. Does anyone know what this code is? :confused: Oh and the tractor seems to be running fine.

Thanks
Jake

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code #2  
Fault code 36. Dump valve solenoid short dcircuit to ground or open circuit or ECM driver open. If you actually have this fault active, the transmission should be disabled. Fault code 37 is Clutch pedal switch open circuit. If you have this fault active, the transmission is enabled by cycling the clutch pedal. The 5 flashes that are so fast they can barely be counted indicate the beginning and end of the visual fault indication. Please double check the count between the rapid flashes.

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code
I'm sure that was the number of flashes on the last 2 phases, Just got done for the night for plowing snow and had no error code in 2hrs of operation. During the first time I had error code I had a 2nd code of 5-4-8. This tractor is new to me 1-21-10 had it shipped from Mississippi to Colorado.

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code #4  
If you have no active fault codes and the tractor is operating normally, I'd not worry. I have seen fault 36 stored as a random type of non-recurring fault without causing long term or permaneant symptoms.

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code
Thanks RickB.
Ran the tractor for 1.5hrs pushing more snow and had no error codes.

Thank you
Jake

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code #6  
Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a glossary of the fault codes. I am NOT the owner of a tractor, but instead a shop that repairs electronics. Usually my customers are in heavy equipment instead of farm machinery, but one of my dealers sent me a controller for repair. It got passed around and input from the original mechanic hasn't been available.
The box has written on it that it came from a TN75 and threw codes #37, #47, and #59.

The dealership hinted that they have seen problems with this box before and I'm trying to develop a repair if that's the case. If I can build a catalog of issues with them, it will benefit this dealer and any others that have to get a new box when a repair or upgrade is all that is necessary.
Apologies in advance if this is a bit too commercial for this forum, but it might help others, so I'm putting it here.

Thanks for any input
Bo

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code #7  
The only place to find a complete fault code listing is by buying the factory service manual for the tractor in question. Fault codes and troubleshooting diagnostics for the powershuttle ECU are in the transmission section. Fault codes for the 4WD ECU are found in the front axle section. The electrical section will give you schematics so you can match inputs and outputs with connector pins.

It is possible that any of the faults you list is triggered by a faulty ECU. But in my experience it is quite unlikely that faults 47 and 59 are caused by anything other than a maladjusted clutch pedal switch and problematic shuttle switch, respectively.

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code #8  
HI all again,
Sorry, I committed the biggest sin of Forumdom.... not spending enough time searching before posting. A search of CHN revealed models that use the ECU in question. TN75xA models all seem to use it. The codes have all been explained (usually by RickB).

Now the question is did this come from someone unable to properly troubleshoot the machine or is there something really wrong with it?
Have any of you seen any chronic problem with these?

Thanks again
Bo

Thanks RickB, I hadn't seen your post before sending my 2nd one. Through references on this forum I found the CHN online parts search and that helped a lot. I'm not against getting a manual, and in fact, my customer is a dealer and can get them for me, they are busy just now moving to a different building and I wanted to get a head start on the fix. My company specializes in repairing or upgrading electronics that show weak spots and determining if there is one on this ECU is probably the most important issue.

I appreciate your time
Bo

Last edited:
   / TN75S Power shuttle error code #9  
HI all again,
Sorry, I committed the biggest sin of Forumdom.... not spending enough time searching before posting. A search of CHN revealed models that use the ECU in question. TN75xA models all seem to use it. The codes have all been explained (usually by RickB).

Now the question is did this come from someone unable to properly troubleshoot the machine or is there something really wrong with it?
Have any of you seen any chronic problem with these?

Thanks again
Bo

Thanks RickB, I hadn't seen your post before sending my 2nd one. Through references on this forum I found the CHN online parts search and that helped a lot. I'm not against getting a manual, and in fact, my customer is a dealer and can get them for me, they are busy just now moving to a different building and I wanted to get a head start on the fix. My company specializes in repairing or upgrading electronics that show weak spots and determining if there is one on this ECU is probably the most important issue.

I appreciate your time
Bo

If your dealer/customer has ever sold the tractor that uses that particular ECU, or a tractor of the same series, he already has the service manuals. New Holland would have sent them automatically. Unless he isn't enrolled in the subscription service. Keep me posted on your progress with this project.

/ TN75S Power shuttle error code #10  
I have sent a note asking the customer for more documentation. The problem with him is that it is a pass-through. It came from someone in his network and he is trying to dig out the details. I'm sure it will come, it'll just take a while to get to the facts.

Since you have an obvious familiarity with these, have you ever seen failures that couldn't be fixed by rebooting of reflashing?

I've gleaned that they can be flashed. If so, I imagine that would correct a number of the problems and enable dealers to upgrade the ECU.

My primary interest is in electronics that have reoccurring failures. Sometimes the correction of a minor problem can greatly improve the satisfaction with an otherwise reliable machine.

Bo