1920 wont start...read on

/ 1920 wont start...read on #1  

breamer999

Tractor been sitting for two months. Turn key, glow plug light lights up, lights work, flashers on, no sound, no clicking just silence.

Where do I start?

Battery drained to 55% of full charge after attempting to start

Temps outside about 32F. Tractor outside covered in tarp.

Fuses OK

/ 1920 wont start...read on #2  
I you have a battery charger with a quick start setting try hooking that up and see if that starts it..Your diesel fuel may be gelling as well..so you may need to wary it up..If you have a heater you can put under the tractor with the tarp on it they may do it ????

Last edited:
   / 1920 wont start...read on #3  
On my 2120 I have to pull the pto lever up a notch to start it. It got me for a while the first time.

/ 1920 wont start...read on #4  
The 1920 should start easy at that temp and below. There are NSS that will cause your problem if it isn't something simple like the pto lever or gear lever being engaged. If my shuttle is engaged it won't do anything. Same if one of the NSS's have faulted. I can't remember them too well but RickB will be able to explain them better. I think the one that caused me problems last time was on the shuttle lever but I also replaced another one under the seat if I recall but my memory is terrible and that one wasn't the problem so I have a spare in my barn. It sucks not being able to remember things:(

/ 1920 wont start...read on #5  
I am betting on a bad ground connection from the battery to frame or at the starter cylinoid. Clean them and charge the battery and I bet it starts.

/ 1920 wont start...read on #6  
no sound and a 55% battery? sounds like a lack of power to me.. them starters run on electrons.. rob yer truck battery, clean up the cables and grounds and try it..

soundguy

/ 1920 wont start...read on
Throttle was too low before starting,raised it a tad and boom, she started. Or is that not possible?

/ 1920 wont start...read on #8  
You may want to remove shrouds below steering wheel and check if throttle is touching any wiring; especially when in low position.

/ 1920 wont start...read on #9  
Another possibility is that one of the safety switches or ignition becoming intermittent. My clutch switch became intermittent and slowly got worse until I replaced it.

/ 1920 wont start...read on
Dqdave1, I will check that.
SoundGuy, good to read you're replies again

All seems to be fine now, so it could be a combo of battery/pto lever and 'wire crunching'

I will investigate all, but it seems to be fine now. Its tough to get good advice without paying an arm and a leg.

I'm not on this forum alot, but you guys are always reliable.

Thanks again.