woods 7500

/ woods 7500 #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
WOOT happy dance

DSC04265%20(Medium).jpg

after 3 years of looking, wanting, yearning, putting off projects... has come to an end.

we finnally bit the bullet on a $2900 woods 7500 that i found on CL. (w/ 16" bucket)

but allas My happy dance lasted only a short time. for then it was time to figure out how to hook up my new toy.

so it came with a QA mount for a skidsteer. this is infact just a bolt on plate that is added instead of the standard 3pt hookup or subframe hookup (all 3 options bolt on to the hoe in the same place)

but before i can investigate how to best mod the the attachment i need to get the thing up off the ground to the 9-15" clearance recommended by the manual.

to do that i need to hook up they hydraulics. ya should be easy right? ive got a power beyond port plus 2 rear remotes... how hard can it be right! :(

grrrrrrrrr

so i have never figured out were the power beyond return is on a TC33D. ive read numerous threads, some suggest the rear fill point on the rear axle, some say there should be a second port on the PB block, some talk about running a hose up to the main FEL distribution block.

well hear are some pics people of a TC33D with 2 rear remotes.

the PB male port on the side of the rear remote pack.
DSC04266%20(Medium).jpg

(talk about wrestling that female connector on there :mad:)

the 2 rear remotes
DSC04267%20(Medium).jpg

the front distribution block for the FEL (no help hear as far as i can tell)
DSC04268%20(Medium).jpg

the rear side (side faceing the front of the tractor) of the remote pack/PB port block
DSC04269%20(Medium).jpg

for now im off to pick up parts to put a second male end on my hoses (or make a male to male adapter likely so that i can connect the BH to a rear remote and tie the handle forward. But id like to use the PB long term because i expect better performance from the PB by not having to go through a rear remote spool.

/ woods 7500 #2  
The first photo shows the RETURN location for the backhoe hydraulics in the end cover of the remote valve stack.

The hose/tube coming FROM the loader control valve TO the distribution block gets split and the backhoe inlet line connected to the hose coming FROM the loader control valve. The line leading to the distribution block will remain disconnected, and the hitch and rear remotes will be disabled while the backhoe is connected. This is the New Holland factory backhoe connection methodology.
Do not start or operate the tractor when the power beyond line leading from the loader control valve is disconected from either the hoe or distribution block.

/ woods 7500
The hose/tube coming FROM the loader control valve TO the distribution block gets split and the backhoe inlet line connected to the hose coming FROM the loader control valve. The line leading to the distribution block will remain disconnected, and the hitch and rear remotes will be disabled while the backhoe is connected. This is the New Holland factory backhoe connection methodology.

ScratchHead.gif

hmmmm ok so i read that like 4 times, now im going to go outside and see if i can make some sence of it. :thumbsup:

/ woods 7500 #4  
ScratchHead.gif

hmmmm ok so i read that like 4 times, now im going to go outside and see if i can make some sence of it. :thumbsup:

Your loader control should have 3 hoses leading from/to the distribution block. One of the ports should be labelled PB. That's the one that you need to interrupt.

/ woods 7500
Your loader control should have 3 hoses leading from/to the distribution block. One of the ports should be labeled PB. That's the one that you need to interrupt.

ok thats simple enough to understand ;)

so that i understand it right. of the 3 hoses that are shown in the pic.

fluid always flows the same way in those three hoses? Supply (from the pump) to the FEL spools (from the PB port) and 2 return lines?

One of the ports should be labeled PB. That's the one that you need to interrupt.

put a T in with QD for the BH or interrupt. like either BH or FEL but not both?
ScratchHead.gif

oh and ive currently got it running off one of my rear remotes for the moment, but still in the process of comming up with a custom sub frame mount.

/ woods 7500 #6  
ok thats simple enough to understand ;)

so that i understand it right. of the 3 hoses that are shown in the pic.

fluid always flows the same way in those three hoses? Supply (from the pump) to the FEL spools (from the PB port) and 2 return lines? .
Fluid always flows the same way in each of the three hoses. 1. into the loader valve. 2. power beyond flow to the diverter block and on to the rear remotes and three point 3. return flow from the loader cylinders and valve to the diverter block and back to tank.

put a T in with QD for the BH or interrupt. like either BH or FEL but not both?
ScratchHead.gif

oh and ive currently got it running off one of my rear remotes for the moment, but still in the process of comming up with a custom sub frame mount.

No 'Tees' just QD's. If you want to continue running it from a rear remote, that's fine, too. No reason to go to a power beyond setup if you don't want to. Just remember, it's possible to activate the three point hitch and possibly bend something or pinch yourself because the hitch and remotes are still 'live' that way. There won't be a noticible difference in backhoe speed or power.

/ woods 7500
Just remember, it's possible to activate the three point hitch and possibly bend something or pinch yourself because the hitch and remotes are still 'live' that way.

im currently working on a subframe mount so the lower 3pt arms will either be removed or disabled. :thumbsup:

/ woods 7500 #8  
Hey, good job.

I have put ~100 hours on mine and am happy with it, just dont expect it to be real backhoe.

Two things I want to mention are:

With that size tractor and a subframe you will need and 20 foot ramp to get it on a trailer.

and in the area show in the pic, inpsect the hoses for wear, I have replaced two hoses there.

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 432
   / woods 7500 #9  
RickB,
I have a TC45DA and just purchased a NH758C BH and have a few ?'s on hydraulic hookup. By looking at the Owners manual i can find the pressure return FROM the FEL valve to the hyd manifold block although there is no letter designation on the FEL valve, there is however on the pressure TO the FEL valve, it has a N cast in it. I figured I could remove the steel line which comes FROM from the FEL valve and make it hose with a female QD to adapt to the male QD running through the subframe tube. I will put a male QD on the hyd manifold on the pressure FROM FEL valve port to hook up when BH is not on. for the return, can i use the port on the remote valve stack cover as a return from BH also as on schmim's tc33 or should i put a t on the hyd fill plug by the dipstick and plumb a male connector into it?
dont want to get it wrong and deadhead the pump or something like that!

/ woods 7500 #10  
I have a new Woods 7500 that's not hooked up yet. Have PTO pump and 3 point mount. Was going to put on Ford 2110, but now considering using Ford 1710. Not sure if 1710 can handle stress. Anyone have info? Have heard but never seen tractor broken by backhoe.