Changing fluids in my TC29D ?

/ Changing fluids in my TC29D ? #1  

TC29D

Tractor
TC29D
I am sure there are many posts on this subject but I cant seem to find anything definitive.
I am looking to change all the fluids in my TC29D and would like to have some feedback. I have already purchased and received the necessary filters from Messics on line. My main question is regarding the acceptable fluids. As my closest NH dealer is about a three hour round trip I would like to find a suitable replacement for the OEM fluids.
I have heard good things about Rotella engine oil but would like to find it in a 10w-30 because of our cold winters but Im finding its hard to locate. as far as the Hydraulic fluid I have been looking into Coastal products. They are found at the Auto Zone very near to me. I am looking at the Coastal Multitrac THF 42909. It claims to be comparable to 134D. Has anyone had any experience with this product or should I be looking at another? Thanks.

/ Changing fluids in my TC29D ? #2  
I use Amsoil for all my tractor fluids, but any fluid that meets the NH specs is fine. Many people use Rotella. BTW, there are definitive answers, the problem is it's only one or two posts in a multi-page thread where people with oil analysis OCD debate the minutiae of TBN, Zinc and other oil analysis trivia. :D

/ Changing fluids in my TC29D ?
Just got off the phone with Henry at Coastal Tech Support. He indicated to me that his Multitrac fluid meets M2C134-D as required by my New Holland Owners Manual. It is also designed for brakes, differentials and power steering pumps.

/ Changing fluids in my TC29D ? #4  
MIkePA,
What kind/type of Hyro oil do you use from Amsoil? TheT1110 owners manual doen't show spec for the oil just HN blah blah.

/ Changing fluids in my TC29D ? #6  
I once used the Tractor Supply Universal trans/hydraulic oil that met the New Holland spec and it acted different than the Amsoil/new holland flid. Mainly when it was cold. The Hydro would whine a lot and the hydraulics were very slow. I changed it to the Amsoil and will probably use a synthetic next time around.

Just changed the Hyd fluid in my TC29D over the weekend using Coastal Multitrac 42909. I will have to see how the Hyd act in freezing temps but so far the tractor loves it.:licking:
Also on a side note....I ordered the Hyd filters from Messicks.Although they are very helpful on the phone their on line info is lacking. There is a search button available that should give you a list of all filters, etc necessary. When I relied totally on that search and made my order, one of the two Hyd filters was omitted(I did not realize there was two:ashamed:). So I had to get the second one locally as Messics wanted to charge me another $12 to ship the other filter. Luckily I was able to cross reference the filter to a Hastings BT8905. Not saying it was completely Messicks fault but do a little more homework before completeing your order. Thanks for all of your input. It was learning experience to say the least.:thumbsup:

/ Changing fluids in my TC29D ? #8  
There is a search button available that should give you a list of all filters, etc necessary. When I relied totally on that search and made my order, one of the two Hyd filters was omitted(I did not realize there was two:ashamed:).

Which diagram were you looking at? This one shows both filters.

Which diagram were you looking at? This one shows both filters.

I understand, and a couple of days before I was scheduling time to do the work I discovered THIS diagram and began my search for the necessary part. My point was..there is a link available on the Messicks page where you just pick your machine and a list of filters, etc will pop up. Being in a hurry(as usual) I just relied on that link. All worked out fine in the end and my tractor is very happy. I would have ordered the part from Messicks but I felt the $12 shipping a bit much for one little filter. Thanks.

/ Changing fluids in my TC29D ? #10  
My point was..there is a link available on the Messicks page where you just pick your machine and a list of filters, etc will pop up.

Interesting, I've never used that feature on their site.