tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block

/ tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block #1  

greystone

Tractor
nh tc30
as promised here are some pictures, i will also have pictures of the repair as we progress. please remember that this is a 4 year old nh with 387 hours
and the only help i am getting is a 300.00 discount from a local dealer on parts and another member of this blog with experience in repairing nh's
mike
ps im not a photographer.....:)

Attachments

• P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    634.6 KB · Views: 1,381
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    665.4 KB · Views: 1,104
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    700.7 KB · Views: 602
  • P1010018.JPG
    P1010018.JPG
    626.8 KB · Views: 1,069
   / tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block
thats true but now i know where i can expect help and find friends

/ tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block #4  
I am not sure how many of this model and comparable models like it ( 1630,TC29, TC 31, TC 33 etc) have been produced, but there have not been very many of this issue reported on this forum. I agree that CNH should help out in some way or another and not put it all on your local dealer.

I believe , once you assemble it with all needed parts and with locktite, you will be fine. Please check those bolts everytime you change the oil. I do now, since reading about this with Kris's problem.

I have read of similar issues with other makes also.

My guess would be, one bolt worked loose and that loose bolt strained all other points creating your problem.
Anything man made and assembled can break or be assembled improperly.

/ tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block #5  
A family member of mines NH had a very similar failure about 2 years ago. It was warranteed by NH.

Attachments

• brokenengineblock.jpg
    brokenengineblock.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 793
  • crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 762
  • hours.jpg
    hours.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 367
  • tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,483
   / tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block #6  
I have read about this problem a couple of times here and am wondering ,
Is this a manual transmission problem or a TC30 problem , ( including those with hydrostatics ) ?

I have over 500 hours on my TC30 , has the hydrostatic tranny , most of the time the 757 backhoe with subframe is on back and the only thing I have ever truly busted was a bolt on the FEL mounting point by the foot pedals . One was loose , and it ended up snapping the other .

Course I was hauling a flippin boulder that the FEL could not lift more than 6 inches off the ground . Had a chain around the boulder , hooked to my bucket hooks and tilted the bucket back to get enough clearance to move the thing .

Fred H.

/ tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block #7  
Mike, good luck with your repair. It is surely disheartening to see a failure of the casting on such a low-hour tractor. If I owned a tractor with a backhoe, I'd be inspecting the castings every day until the warranty ran out. As a matter of fact, I don't have a backhoe, but I'll be checking over my tractor "just because" even though it went out of warranty many years ago. The worst I've had so far is a couple of subframe bolts working loose on my tractor, but it is substantially larger than yours.

Good luck! I know this is an expense that should not have been yours. It's too bad that NH couldn't offer you the parts at factory cost instead of just your dealer's giving them to you at his cost.

/ tc 30 with broken clutch housing and block #8  
Hello greystone,
Tell me what brand and model of BH are you running and is it operating off of the 3-pt linkage or on a subframe? Do you think the BH might have overpowered the tractor to cause this damage? I have a 2002 TC-40 with a Woods BH90-X, not a TC-30 but we are all family and I do wish you the best.

Hi guys and thanks for all the great posts. Yes it would be nice if new holland would participate in the repair, then i could say something nice about them.
The guys at Renner Equiptment in Yerington Nevada have gone over and beyond to help me. the fact that i didnt buy the tractor from them seemed to have made them try harder.
The ability to do more than the tractor can handle is always a factor and im sure we all have at one time or another exceded our working limits.
Im running all nh equipment on the tractor, bh and fel. and i cant remember what brand the scraaper is. but i do think my bh is subframe mount.
As to if i overpowered the clutch housing with the bh its always possible as is that it was caused by using the fel. New Holland at some point sent an email to its dealers telling them of dammage to the clutch housing because the bh was on the tractor and roading it unsupported was causing the problem. this was an email not a service bulliten.
I personally think this is a casting and design flaw. this area sees a lot of stress and is really not supported. apparently the new clutch housing is redesigned we will see.
I have 4 more years to pay on this thing so i hope that our repair this weekend fixes the problem.
Thank you all for you support.....mike

Attachments

• P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    655.5 KB · Views: 1,003
ok guys heres the pictures will probably do this in 2 or 3 posts
just remember that im not a photogrepher:thumbsup:

Attachments

• P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    606.7 KB · Views: 1,393