Ford 1500 Alternator wiring and PTO problem

/ Ford 1500 Alternator wiring and PTO problem #1  

old1500

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1500
Surely somebody has done this....I hope. I have a simple drawing of how to convert the 3-wire to a 1-wire (internal regulator) alternator. That old 1980 wiring I have is coming apart at the seems and all I need to do is charge a battery for cranking anyway. A 1-wire alternator can be used simple enough, but I don't know what may-or-may-not bolt into the stock 1500 alternator bracket. It sure would simplify things for me if someone has already been down this path.

Any Help Out There?

I also have my PTO lever jumping out of gear and would welcome any suggestions on how to get-in-there and fix that too so I can trash my bungee cord. I have the blow-up of the internals but something just does not look right with the detent ball and spring arrangement.

/ Ford 1500 Alternator wiring and PTO problem #2  
Surely somebody has done this....I hope. I have a simple drawing of how to convert the 3-wire to a 1-wire (internal regulator) alternator. That old 1980 wiring I have is coming apart at the seems and all I need to do is charge a battery for cranking anyway. A 1-wire alternator can be used simple enough, but I don't know what may-or-may-not bolt into the stock 1500 alternator bracket. It sure would simplify things for me if someone has already been down this path.

Any Help Out There?

I also have my PTO lever jumping out of gear and would welcome any suggestions on how to get-in-there and fix that too so I can trash my bungee cord. I have the blow-up of the internals but something just does not look right with the detent ball and spring arrangement.

Look at the last post I made in below thread.

JC,

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/166772-ford-1500-power-take-off.html

/ Ford 1500 Alternator wiring and PTO problem
JC...I did go look at your post and thanked you for helping me extract my head from my rear-end.

Us "senior citizens" get cross-eyed now and then and my new glasses are suppose to be ready next week! The fix seems obvious and I thank you again here on this thread.

When I pull the cover....I should see the detent mechanism.

/ Ford 1500 Alternator wiring and PTO problem #4  
Us "senior citizens" get cross-eyed now and then and my new glasses are suppose to be ready next week! The fix seems obvious and I thank you again here on this thread.

Old,

You are more than welcome. Don't feel bad as I too started getting letter from AARP to join, and I'm like dudes, " I ain't ready yet for that":( I got a few more kids to send to college yet!!... why don't ya call me back in a few years... maybe we can do business :D

JC:)