TC30 Breaking in Half ??

/ TC30 Breaking in Half ?? #1  

FredH

Platinum Member
Tractor
N.H. TC-30
Read some posts at various times about owners tractors breaking / cracking in half around transmission / bellhousing / engine , so I was starting this thread to get a feel for the situation .

Is this limited to TC30's ?

HST or Manual Transmissions ?

Factory or Aftermarket Backhoe , ( if any ) ?

Subframe or 3 point attachment of above ?

Just a few questions that have popped into my head when reading the other threads .

I have a 2001 TC30 with 500+ hrs with factory 757 subframe mounted BH and HST transmission that has been ABUSED to say the least , yet have seen no problems with mine . When I say abused , Although it is maintained to a very high degree , Some of the things I have asked it to do are to say the least , UGH!!! Yet it keeps on Farming .

Thoughts , Input ??

Take Care ,

Fred H.

/ TC30 Breaking in Half ?? #2  
why yes they do sometimes have problems..as a mater of fact im in the process of replacing my clutch housing and welding the block..my unit is 4 years old and has 387 hours on it .. you may have seen my pictures posted on this site. will update thoes as we progress. but what can i say. toyota has been around along time and all of a sudden there having problems.
just keep an eye on it and if it does break be prepared to pay out the.........
good luck. mike

/ TC30 Breaking in Half ?? #3  
Hi Fred,

I have been following this issue too. Well, just this morning I took a careful look as I had been meaning to after reading the posts.

Not good. I can see a hairline crack about 3" long on the right side of my bell housing on the corner in the casting that runs vertical just ahead of the transmission. It is behind (looking from the side) and a bit above the brake lock lever.

It looks like a rust streak, but it cannot be cleaned off. It has to be rust in the crack. There is no mis-alignment around the crack and I can just barely feel it running my finger nail over it. One of those things you would never see unless you had reason to look real close.

My TC40S (12x12 shuttle) is a 2003 with 1001 hours. It has a NH 16LA FEL and a NH subframe mounted 758 backhoe.

Like you described, my tractor has been well used too. I have no idea how long the crack has been there. I doubt it formed this winter while bucketing snow.
Dave.

/ TC30 Breaking in Half ?? #4  
hi fred. just went through this and if you need help please feel free to email me ill be posting pictures later this week.
keep an eye on it but be ready to rebuilt this section soon. the weaking of this area if not taken care of soon will crack the block and or the other side.
not how similar the 40 is to the 30 but the castings on mine are thin and i think that the attachments are the only things keeping them from breaking more.

this part not directed at you fred......NEW HOLLAND WILL NOT HELP YOU AND DOES NOT CARE JUST AS LONG AS YOU MAKE YOUR PAYMENT.....

if it wernt for my new friends in this forum it would have been easy to loose hope and not follow this project to the end.

good luck.mike

/ TC30 Breaking in Half ?? #5  
Boy the moe I read about this the more I'm wondering if it is best to have a subframe mounted BH. My 1710 lived it's first 800 hours with a subframe, but the last 800 were with the BH mounted 3pt, and used hard. I could see where the 3pt mounting would put stress into the differential case, but all these subframe mounted BHs get attached to the FEL frame, and with only one bolt at the connection it makes it more of a hinge / lever then a true hard, braced corner.