771 loader bucket question

/ 771 loader bucket question #1  

honkerone

I have a 771 loader on a 1900 tractor, the question is when I tilt the bucket back all the way it is not tilted much more than a few degrees above level? The cyl that tilt the bucket back are pulled all the way in. It will tilt down all the way. Is this the way they all work or maybe I have the wrong bucket on it, not sure since I purchased the tractor and loader used. thanks for any information. Joe

/ 771 loader bucket question #2  
Joe, I've been moving a lot of gravel lately with my loader and I've had to be careful not to spill a heaped load due to the bucket not rolling back to level with the arms lowered. I think the bucket starts to level out about the time the load is just above the hood, but this it too high for me to feel comfortable during transport. I like to keep the load low and when I hit a bump, I tend to lose some of my heaped gravel. I think this is just normal. I have one bucket setup with a special adapter that rolls back really far, but my normal setup does not.

With your bucket empty and curled all the way back, raise your arms as high as they will go. At the top, I'll bet you can almost see the bottom of the bucket. That's why with a load in the bucket, you have to roll it down as you raise the load or it will dump out onto your hood and sometimes you also.:eek:

/ 771 loader bucket question
I see what your talking about Jim , I quess its the nature of the beast. Thanks for the info. Joe

/ 771 loader bucket question #4  
I have a 770 loader on my 1710 and it is like that as well. I think this is very normal for these. Now my new JD loader curls back a lot more and really scoops the load. Yet I used the 1710 for all my work for the last 15 years and loved it and still do. You'll get used to it and you may have to carry your load a bit higher to keep from spilling out. Have fun with it. Ken:thumbsup: